StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm new to the motorcycle purchasing game – I had a Yamaha in Taiwan that got me hooked but it's been a long time coming that I've wanted to buy a bike. I want one to do short day trips with my GF and visit my family in Ottawa/Pembroke so I am looking at the V-Strom 1000 since I want something with some heft and comfort for the highway. I'm also quite tall at 6'4" so the higher seat option is nice.

I'm wondering about the 2014 V-Strom 1000 that looks similar to the BMW 1200GS. Being a child of the 80s, it definitely has me won over with its Lamborghini-ish styling which is great considering that so many affordable adventure bikes are kind of ugly. I know it won't be out until fall in the US but that's fine because I'm not looking to buy until next summer. Is there usually simultaneous releases for the US and Canada with Suzuki bikes?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I really like the Calvin and Hobbes clip Greywolf.

Probably my favorite cartoon characters.

Very fitting text too...

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
I believe you Canooks get more (different) models than we do here in the Lower 48, usually. You guys have the Versys 1000......we don't. And sometimes different color schemes than us (on Jap bikes). I suspect a few owners will have a new 2014 V-strom under the Christmas Tree this year........:hurray:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome - thanks. Any guesses as to the price of this one? I'm guessing that they are trying to keep it around $11,500 Canadian to be in line with the existing 1000.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
There is a lot of interest in this new VStrom. It could be a big hit for Suzuki. I am interested in it as well.

I suspect there will be a lot of old DL1K bikes for sale next year. Likely cheap too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't know anything about Suzuki's new model roll out. But I do know that I am going to be pissed if our northern friends get better luggage and color options out of the gate. Again.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My dealer is telling me I can sit on one at the bike show this winter...That will be January here in BC..

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
There is another thread on the forum here that states Motorcyclist Magazine already has the 2014 DL1000 in it's October Issue......which has hit the newstands. If true, I can't see Suzuki taking another 4 months to get the bike to the dealers??? :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts