StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 DL 650 XT ABS and am considering risers. How high up could I go without swapping out or extending the front brake line?
Could I do 25 mm?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,212 Posts
I have 30mm risers. Stock lines work with those.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I installed the 25mm risers with no problem, however this seems as far as I could have gone without changing the brake line.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You have to be aware that you may go up 25mm but you sometimes pull the bars back and that tightens the line a little bit too. Installing the 2" longer brake line isn't too hard to do but since it doesn't use all of the OEM fastening gear at the block, you have appky some "english" to finish it properly. I went stainless steel +2" on the front and I don't worry about binding at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep. Many people have raised 1" without modifying the lines. 2" up requires a longer top brake line, but clutch and throttle slack are OK. Beyond 2" requires rerouting clutch and throttle.

It's all well documented here on Stromtrooper.
Hi Rick, do you know if using one of your auxiliary shelves would put any more restriction on the lines/cables than the standard guides? I already have one of your shelves, and have been contemplating risers, but remember thinking things were already a bit tight when installing and wiring up the switches.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
The auxiliary shelf for the 2012 to 2016 DL650 duplicates the existing cable guide position, so no change. Also, no one has ever mentioned any restriction with the shelf.

But if you are going higher and rerouting the lines behind the handle bar, you would not be using the stock position anyway. In other words, the lines would not be routed though the shelf the same way they would not be routed through the stock cable guides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts