StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, this weekend i got to spend 3 days with my dad and a mate along with about a dozen other riders for a Wild Hogs style 3 day weekend in Tin Can Bay ,there were quite a few different models of bikes from Harleys ,Guzzies my wee strom ,my dad on his 650 Burgman and a mate on his 400 Burgman ,A terrific weekend riding with my dad and mates .We left on Saturday morning ,Sunday ride to the apple tree pub just outside Childers ,ride home Monday ,total klms ridden = 825 :thumbup:cheers Paul the pic attached is me(on left) and my best mate (my dad on right).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hold these rides with your Dad as precious. I didn't get to go anywhere together with my Dad. I was one of six children so money was always a bit short and never extended to luxuries such as time away from the house. As I got a little older I began to think maybe I could pay for a weekend with Dad but he died a long slow death with cancer when I was nineteen.
Trips such as you posted, you will remember all of your life. So plan lots more trips and always take lots of pics of you both together. These will be great days as shown by the fact that you have posted them. It's a treasure, I'm a little envious, but pleased for you both. I bet your Dad will hold this time with his son, dear to his heart.
My son is about to buy his first large road bike, a sport bike of course, and I hope he will want to ride with his Dad too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi Guys, this weekend i got to spend 3 days with my dad and a mate along with about a dozen other riders for a Wild Hogs style 3 day weekend in Tin Can Bay ,there were quite a few different models of bikes from Harleys ,Guzzies my wee strom ,my dad on his 650 Burgman and a mate on his 400 Burgman ,A terrific weekend riding with my dad and mates .We left on Saturday morning ,Sunday ride to the apple tree pub just outside Childers ,ride home Monday ,total klms ridden = 825 :thumbup:cheers Paul the pic attached is me(on left) and my best mate (my dad on right).
Hey OZ,your Dad has more hair than you :green_lol:great stuff mate take heaps of pics,I wish I had the chance,my Dad spent four years on the Burma rail as a POW and we lost him far too early,PS have you taken the Burg for a run and what do you think,I had one go past me on the Hume like I was nailed to the bloody fence :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey OZ,your Dad has more hair than you :green_lol:great stuff mate take heaps of pics,I wish I had the chance,my Dad spent four years on the Burma rail as a POW and we lost him far too early,PS have you taken the Burg for a run and what do you think,I had one go past me on the Hume like I was nailed to the bloody fence :mrgreen:
Hi Mate, Yeah the short hair eliminates helmet hair :green_lol:,my dad will be 72 in July and rides the Burgman really well ,i have only ridden the Burgy once to bring it home when it had been in for its' service and dad was away on holidays ,we try to ride every Sunday ,cheers Paul .

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
A couple of years ago my son and I took both of our bikes and did a week in the Smokeys and on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We got to ride "The Tail of the Dragon" together as well. We had a great time and he tells me that he will always remember it as one of his favorite times. It is one of my favorite memories with my son as well.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks like you had a great time keep riding with Dad and remember they are the reason you are here .

what do you think of the Burgman ??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you had a great time keep riding with Dad and remember they are the reason you are here .

what do you think of the Burgman ??
Hi Graham ,i am really lucky to have my dad ride with me ,the 650 Burgman is a great bike ,plenty of storage although being white car drivers always seem to slow down when dad comes up behind them:green_lol:cheers Paul.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mild Hogs

:thumbup:Hey Oz, I wish I had that sort of relationship with my Dad, he to passed away 2006 from Cancer but when I was growing up all he did was go fishing and most of the time he didn't want us kids along.

I think the correct term for the weekend should be Mild Hogs seeing how there were a couple of scooters along, :mod2_scooter:

Cheers

·
Registered
612 Posts
What a great thing to be able to do. My Dad wasn't a bike rider, but we did quite a few things together (camping every Xmas at the beach :yesnod:)
My 14 year old son has already planned our 1st family bike trip away!
We are all taking our bikes on the boat to Tassie. Enjoy Your Dad, he is a real treasure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts