1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
He seems to have a bit of a problem with the sidestand.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wonder how much it cost him in wrecked motorcycles to learn to do that?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Oh great,now every 18 year old punk stunter is going to want a big V and drive the prices of used ones thru the roof and us NORMAL riders won't be able to afford one !!:biggrinjester:

cool video !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe mine just needs a lot of work... But I don't think I could even get the front tire more than an inch off the ground. Course, I'm not trying either. But I have hammered it to merge in traffic from a shoulder and both tires stay for the most part on the ground. The front only came up about an inch once when I REALLY hammered it. Maybe If I REEEEAAALLLYYY Hammer it.... But I'm not going to try and do that.... I am happy with both wheels on the ground thank you very much :3

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Oh, the Vee will easily hoist the front wheel in 1st gear without using the clutch, as high as you want (or not) it to. 2nd gear wheelies are easy with a little help from a bump and a tug on the bars, or with the clutch. 3rd gear I've only managed with a pretty significant rise in the road and/or major clutch fanning. Needless to say, clutching it up is hard on the clutch (and probably the basket, too).

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Don't

Take the bike in 1st gear to about 4500 RPM

Don't chop the throttle while leaning forward

then immediately

Don't go full throttle while simultaneously jerking back/up on the bars and leaning back

·
Registered
335 Posts
Now THAT was a treat! Oh, and the bark from that beast as he performs the MX style stomp-turn in the garage...:thumbup:

I can honestly say, the big Strom is not a bike that I would consider as a good choice for stunting.

However, this is a perfect example of how, in the right hands, a really good motorcycle can do something out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
As soon as I changed the gearing ( up 2 in the rear) power wheelies in 1st and 2nd were NO PROBLEM.Now I have a sidecar and I dropped 1 tooth on the front,and I have to be VERY careful in 1st gear or all hell brakes loose (instead of a wheelie it will push the front tire in a staight line no matter how hard I turn)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
They day In bought mine my then 17 year old son ( who has been riding since 2 years old) ask to ride it around the block( he had a sport bike at the time).He came by the house in a wheelie just like the one in the video,brought it down and did a stoppie right in front of me.He got off and handed me the keys and said"Not bad,for a old man bike"..heheheheh:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't

Take the bike in 1st gear to about 4500 RPM

Don't chop the throttle while leaning forward

then immediately

Don't go full throttle while simultaneously jerking back/up on the bars and leaning back
Yes, don't do all those things at once, or you're likely to end up on your ass watching your Vee tumble down the road in front of you.

The front end will come up quite easily with nothing more than snapping open the throttle.

·
Registered
87 Posts
pretty cool indeed.... i really liked the "score".......

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll admit to being a little underwhelmed to see wheelie after wheelie, when you think of all the other things the youngsters get up to on their sport bikes and post on their MyFace pages. Maybe LoneStrom's son should make a vid!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I saw this vid quite awhile back and I'm having mixed feelings about it--I am old and started riding when clutches were fragile, and I had little money for fixing them, or fixing leaky forks, etc, so I taught myself all my life to preserve the bike, and never abuse it.
So I see a kid (he's young) and has a new strom, and he uses it in a way I don't appreciate. Am I a 'hater'? Nope, I'm not even critical, I just don't happen to appreciate his skills.
I just can't bring myself to learn to do that kind of riding--nor am I motivated to learn it.
Like I said, I'm old.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think the video is over produced and I hated it for that reason. But I always liked just getting down and dirty.

Now that I went up 4 in the back, my bike is down right frightening in 1st and I have to be careful in 2nd too. I am a big boy at 6'2" and 292. I can wheelie all loaded down too with two up. Not fun.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
They day In bought mine my then 17 year old son ask to ride it around the block.
He came by the house in a wheelie just like the one in the video,brought it down and did a stoppie right in front of me.
He got off and handed me the keys and said "Not bad, for a old man bike".
Referring to LoneStrom's Son. . .
I am dad to a 15 & 19 year old that ride.
The skill, fine touch, and reflexes of youth sure go a long way to trump my years of experience and vigilant riding style.

When I was 19, I rode like a damn 19 year old.
Now that I'm mostly grey and finally a few years from a nice fat retirement, I ride as such.
Just sayin'
Cheers,

-Ej-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts