StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2018 V-Strom 650, looking for a wider foot for the kick stand and trying to confirm that a previous years like 2012 to 2016 would fit my 2018 or where to find one most places have all previous years fitment only.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Not on my DL but to extend the foot print of my BMW R1200GS side stand I traced the bottom of the side stand onto a piece of computer paper then made a cut line 1/2" wider than the tracing. Rough cut with scissors then sprayed a bit of adhesive on the back of the paper stuck it on a piece of old 1/2" cutting board I had laying around. Now that my template was done I again rough cut the cutting board leaving the line showing then used the belt sander to finish up to the cut line. Then bolted it to the foot of the side stand with two (2) 1/8" machine screws.

On the beer scale of difficulty it was a one 12 ounce beer.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
i used the foot print from the plastic plate i got at Laguna seca Grand Prix to make one out of aluminum plate and fixed to the stand. Not perfect but it's a big'un!
Anything bigger than stock will improve your chances in the dirt.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
To answer your question. Yes all years use the same side stand(04 -18).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Careful. Many (if not most) do not clear the OEM center stand. The toe of the expanded foot will hit the center stand when you put it up. I believe the Adventuretech one claims to not have this problem. I regret not getting it when I bought mine. Fixed with a grinder, but would have preferred to not go through the trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just ordered one from Adventure tech, should have it by Saturday. Hope it will work with the Suzuki center stand

·
Registered
67 Posts
Installed the adventuretech plate

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adventuretech

Thanks all very helpful i ordered 1 from adventuretech and also the fork brace they have. Fast friendly Service from Adventuretech :smile2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts