StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the Wee rarely show up in Craigslist? I've been scanning around but rarely see them. Once bought, are they held on to until the orginal owner trades them in for newer model?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yep pretty much covers it!
Mike

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was on Craigs when the owner posted his Wee for sale. I emailed him immediatly. Just beat out two others. I did purchase the bike, but I am sure it would have been gone in a split second. So perhaps they just move so quickley when posted that if you are not on it right away it is gone.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was shopping for one last spring and into the early summer. I saw plenty for sale on CL.. and gone by the time I called.

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
I found a lot on CycleTrader but most were new. Cherry used ones are a joy to find.
Not that you can't.
Any one know of a good search engine that can look at more than one local craigs list? I used to have one but lost it.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Why does the Wee rarely show up in Craigslist? I've been scanning around but rarely see them. Once bought, are they held on to until the orginal owner trades them in for newer model?
Well that is close to true, except for the last bit. :fineprint:

"Once bought, are they held on to until the......................"

Well basically until the owner dies of old age. :yikes:

The Wee will outlive most owners. :jawdrop:

Good luck with the hunt.
:thumbup::hurray::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
We have a few for sale here in CT.
The best deal is a 2008 DL650A 1,200 miles, ABS, nice Givi side bags, grey color
Asking $4,900.
The ad says that the wife wants it gone. So, maybe the price can be negotiated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have you tried SearchTempest.com

Is that cool or what, thanks!

Whoa! That's life changing!
+1 thanks!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah, SearchTempest.com is pretty key here in New England where there the CL areas are small. I was searching 2-3 CL sites and getting 50% of the hits for 200% of the work before I found that site.

What is annoying is the cross and re-posts.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It could be your region or like the others have said, the site you are using. In Ontario Craigslist as never gathered any momentum. Autotrader.ca and Kijiji are by far the best searches were I come from.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My observation is a lot of Strom riders advertise on one or another enthusiast board first, and only move on to CraigsList if it doesn't sell. Most seem to sell quickly that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts