StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Vee fell over in a heavy wind and cracked the fairing pretty bad. I personally always wanted to remove that plastic anyhow, and figured there was no time like the present. However, my initial desire of mounting a 8" racelight proved to be a little to costly at the present time so I thought I might as well experiment with what I had. I cut down the headlight mounting frame and moved it closer to the bars and further up. The result is interesting to say the least. It should do until I can afford that trailtech light.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Actually looks pretty cool. Like the front guard.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It looks mean now! I like it!:hurray:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I lke it also.:thumbup:
I'm also interested in what fender and mount for the beak look?
Mike

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I like it.

I thought briefly about doing that with my bike after a recent wreck, but my welding skills are as absent as my welding equipment, plus the damage to my bike was too extensive and widespread to try to salvage anything but the motor, forks, wheels and gas tank.

PM Black Lab, he'd be happy to cluck about the cluster in flux on his highly modified bike. When they eventually remake the early Mel Gibson film, Mad Max, I'm sure he'll get the first call. You might be on second call.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Holy Cow, that looks great. Thinking of going in the garage and kicking my bike over so I have an excuse to do the same. Maybe I'll just do it without the kicking over part...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks fellas,

The front fender is an Acerbis supermoto. I just used a peice of plate steel to mount it. I had seen it done here and on ADVrider. Most people use about a two inch spacer between the fender and lower tripple, but since I raised the light up, I didn't have to space it down as much and just used a 1/2" piece so the fender wouldn't rub the radiator.

The visor is just a stock one that I cut down and painted plack. I have a see baily and another short one. Since I didn't use the stock screen, I figured I might as well butcher it.

Yes, need a belly pan. It is in the works, but I ran out of gas at the shop.

I have always been unsatisfied leaving well enough alone. I think it is a disease I caught in architecture school.

Kick em over its fun!

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I really like it - moving the fairing/lights towards the handlebars tightens up the whole nose of the bike. It's bad ass!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why the hell doesn't suzuki sell it like this!?!?

The lights look a little weird as they are but this seems a lot more appealing than the marketed model.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice,

I would do one more cheap thing. Buy some paint (a matte surface between flat and glossy) that will match the appearance of the black plastic trim pieces left on your bike. Mask off the rear of the tank and paint the front part of the tank the fairing used to cover black.

That sir would look better than a new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice,

Mask off the rear of the tank and paint the front part of the tank the fairing used to cover black.

That sir would look better than a new one.
Like this bike?

I totally agree. I am also going to remove the fairing mount that is welded to the tank and fill the dent. delicately....

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Wow - naked Vees are very cool! I always thought the plastic was the worst thing about V-Stroms, but I couldn't see how to get rid of it without making the bike look worse. Nice work!

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bars and guards

Well, I finally put on my crash guards, which allowed me to build a bash plate for the bike. I also found a nice radiator guard as well. should be protected well enough for anything I could possible take this pig through.

I think the steel I used could of been a little thinner, but it is what was lying around in my buddy's steel shop, and therefor free. turned out nice enough for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts