StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the official reason why the white paint job is not sold in the US?

I have my own guesses and assumptions, also did some internet searches; but still very curious as to what the real reason is.

And I apologize if this topic has already been covered- I just couldn't find the answer doing my own search of the forum.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Plenty of white ones for sale in the uk i love mine and in my opinion its the best contrast with the black plastics. Give me your address ill send one via Fedex !!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
The Corporate decision makers work in mysterious ways. Being color bind may be one reason, all their taste is in their mouth may be another.
I remember the copper-orange SV650's being sold off cheap complete with the lowers because no one wanted them. Maybe next year you can get a really good buy on this years back stocked Orange ones. A can of spay paint is really cheap too!
Come to think of it, isn't their one and only Wolfy Yellow Glee in the pack?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Make it the color you want. There are only five pieces to paint.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Suzuki thinks Americans only buy cruisers and sport bikes. They aren't far wrong. They did realize the Glee was selling beyond their wildest dreams and did a second manufacturing run though.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I love white bikes, especially matte white like the buels. I my dream bike is an all white gold wing.

Sent from my phone...there will be spelling errors!

·
Registered
618 Posts
5, I count 4, tank, two rear side panels and the front of the cowl.
There is 5. Each side of the tank (2), each rear (2), and the front (1).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Could leave one side of the tank Orange.......:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Jeeeze, guys, better go back to the caffeinated stuff! :green_lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Everyone I've met seems to think the Fox Orange looks great. I like it as well. The white is also very nice (not so much on the 2011). OTH, I am not so thrilled with the black, but really liked the flat black on the older models.:confused::green_lol:

·
Administrator
13,582 Posts
Does anyone know the official reason why the white paint job is not sold in the US?

I have my own guesses and assumptions, also did some internet searches; but still very curious as to what the real reason is.

I don't know the offical reason, but it might relate to a popular V-Strom Guru promoting the name of the New Strom as "Glee Strom" and Suzuki's fears that the white colour may be considered somewhat less than manly enough for the USA Market.

..Tom

(Not that there's anything wrong with that!) :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Sometimes I feel like my bike is dancing. It feels so much more nimble than my old Wee.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm just waiting to see what bold new colors we will get in 13! Any guesses?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm just waiting to see what bold new colors we will get in 13! Any guesses?
I will guess there will be White available.....White is getting popular world wide with many brands.........we will know soon enough...Kawasaki is already showing their 2013 colors..the new green KLR is nicely done...a bit of a color blend...
By the way, color is sure subjective: I am not real enamoured with the orange but everyone who sees the bike thinks its great...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts