StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love those early spring rides when the sun is warm and I am not sweating inside my riding gear. Keeping all this in mind, the best part is that there are NO BUGS YET!!!! a short 50 mile ride, and when I got home, not a single bug spatter on my face shield or wind screen. I love it!!!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
We have hardier bugs I guess. I splattered one in the middle of my face shield with an outside temperature of 48F.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Love it, but then the temperature changes...

Was enjoying the bugless/sweatless days a couple weeks ago it seems now, and then last week had my first trip in the swarms again, 1000 miles and the givi shield plastered...

Then of course the ride home an unexpectd cold front comes in and parks itself so after waiting out the sleet I do the last 150 miles in 37-45 F weather with mist. Coldest. ride. ever. (for me) Oh well, at least the bugs were all washed off by the time I got home!!!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
My suit needs a good wash as does the bike after this weekends ride. I did a 400 mile loop from San Diego to Palm Desert to say hi to my mom. The desert is lit up with flowers and the butterflies that come with them. Only one got me in the helmet thanks to the laminar lip. But the legs of my suit are bright yellow from all the butterflies.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
My suit needs a good wash ..................................But the legs of my suit are bright yellow from all the butterflies.
You're on your way to hi-vis trousers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts