StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've acquainted myself with the various farkles and modifications that seem to appear on everyone's bike--whether Wee or Vee--I can't help but wonder why Suzuki doesn't just add them in the first place. I understand that the aftermarket companies need the business but small things like an adjustable windshield bracket (most common is Madstad), a 12V accessory plug, or even just larger grips can't possibly be out of the realm of possibility. Seems to me that adding these things in the first place would increase the positive reviews of the bike in the first place leading to more sales for Suzuki. No?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
While I agree with you in principle:

The OEM windshield is adjustable; at least mine was before I removed it.

I don't like big grips, the factory ones suit me perfectly, especially with gel-palm gloves.

The power outlet would be a great add for little cost.

I guess it's a constant battle of amortizing the cost over thousands of units built. Plus any change in a manufacturing line is expensive...so if it's not there on Day 1, the cost of adding it is far more than just the cost of the component and the labor to put it on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has 3 positions--while I have yet to own a Madstad, the customizable element it brings to the bike is just better lol.

I'm going to order the EB 12V plug and see how that works. I just think for a bike used so extensively for touring, Suzuki might have added one in the new Wee.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It's all about cost, if you made the windshield taller, it may be to tall for some people. Some have no want/or need for a power outlet. Some have a certain seat type they are going to get regardless of how good/bad the stock seat is. they have to meet somewhere in the middle to try and keep everyone happy. BMW has seat options, suspension options, lots of options, and twice (or more) in the price. what you're saying is all good as far as I go, but then others would complain, kinda like a good steak-not all people like them well-done! Cheers--BB

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's all about cost, if you made the windshield taller, it may be to tall for some people. Some have no want/or need for a power outlet. Some have a certain seat type they are going to get regardless of how good/bad the stock seat is. they have to meet somewhere in the middle to try and keep everyone happy. BMW has seat options, suspension options, lots of options, and twice (or more) in the price. what you're saying is all good as far as I go, but then others would complain, kinda like a good steak-not all people like them well-done! Cheers--BB
+1 .......
Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 .......
Mike
True but a system such as the Madstad would allow for customization suitable for all types of individuals. And I don't think it is all that expensive--$100 or so?

And as for a power outlet, if people do not want it then they dont have to use it lol. But my impression is that the vast majority of people who buy the Wee/Vee, do so because it is very utilitarian. I just think on such a utilitarian bike--something that useful would not be unwanted by most--most being key word. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Not everyone wants the same add-ons... If I don't want something on my bike, I don't want to pay for it either... So simply not using it still costs me money (using your analogy of the 12V socket)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts