StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have heard more than once that Suzuki is going to discontinue the DL 1000 or make radical changes. It would seem silly to retool for a short run bike... of course only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I was speaking with this guy in a pub the other day. Anyway it turns out that his ex is now shacked up with a guy whose brother once dated a girl who did the office cleaning in the Suzuki R&D facility. It seems that she can read Japanese perfectly and one night she was "straightening" some papers on a desk when she happened to see the answer to this exact question.
She won't say what she saw and she breaks out in a sweat and screams about "Ninja revenge" every time anybody asks.

The answer above is as sensible and as informed as any that you are likely to get to your query at this stage. Treat it as one of life's little mysteries.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was told the 1000 will not meet the new European emmission rules and is up for a "total redesign"..........Not sure whether this means engine redesign or entire bike redesign...........But I got this straight from the cleaning ladies sisters uncles father..........

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
I think they are tired of the complaints about it running so shi**y, :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Brakes are for wussies:twisted: When in doubt throttle out....

M

·
0 Posts
Suzuki feels that the 650 is a starte bike for total n00bs or ancient returning graybeards, and consequently added the ABS feature so that the poor riders would have a safety net. The other side to that argument is that riders of the 1K are skilled enough to know that all problems are not solved by crushing the brake lever and praying to God! :D

Disclaimer: This post is a direct result of Fastwally's intentional fight starter post. Wee-nies can't resist poking at the big dog, you see.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The 650 could meet the upcoming European emissions laws with small modifications so was the easier platform to convert. The 1000 will need more changes so I guess it is taking an extra model year to design.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
I was speaking with this guy in a pub the other day. Anyway it turns out that his ex is now shacked up with a guy whose brother once dated a girl who did the office cleaning in the Suzuki R&D facility. It seems that she can read Japanese perfectly and one night she was "straightening" some papers on a desk when she happened to see the answer to this exact question.
She won't say what she saw and she breaks out in a sweat and screams about "Ninja revenge" every time anybody asks.

I slept with her too....and she wouldn't tell me anything either!! Bitch! :-D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Suzuki feels that the 650 is a starte bike for total n00bs or ancient returning graybeards, and consequently added the ABS feature so that the poor riders would have a safety net. The other side to that argument is that riders of the 1K are skilled enough to know that all problems are not solved by crushing the brake lever and praying to God! :D

Disclaimer: This post is a direct result of Fastwally's intentional fight starter post. Wee-nies can't resist poking at the big dog, you see.
Great. Diet coke right out the nose. Thanks a lot! :D

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
The 650 could meet the upcoming European emissions laws with small modifications so was the easier platform to convert. The 1000 will need more changes so I guess it is taking an extra model year to design.
I have to learn to say things nice like you do greywolf. You basically said why they run shi**y. I just said they run shi**y and was called a fight starter, go figure. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

OK, I guess it's time for another ride in the mountains:twisted: ancient returning graybeards my A**:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jerry

M

·
0 Posts
I have to learn to say things nice like you do greywolf. You basically said why they run shi**y. I just said they run shi**y and was called a fight starter, go figure. :rolleyes:
/sniff/ thought you could take it... /sniff/

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Jerry, you of all peopleshould know I'm joking!
Me too, Me too-- Didn't you see the big smilie face:p :p
Besides, I'd never take you seriously:mrgreen:

jerry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts