StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only a few weeks old, never been in the rain. Mounted on the extra motor bolt hole with rubber dampers. Everything is connected, and the relay clicks when I hit the button. I've only hit it maybe 5 times, and it has about 50 miles on it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Have you put a volt meter on the power supply wires at the horn - to be sure power it is getting power to the horn?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
The relay that comes with the Stebel horn is very poor. I've seen photos of some totally corroded inside even when new.

I would suggest getting a good quality SEALED relay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The relay that comes with the Stebel horn is very poor. I've seen photos of some totally corroded inside even when new.

Turns out it was the relay. I got another one at Advance Auto, can you point me to one of these sealed ones?

·
Registered
537 Posts
my stebel quit working also, due to a blown fuse. I wired it right with the relay and made a water proof jacket for the relay. i checked all connections and wiring and can only guess i used the wrong fuse. i was using a 10amp and replaced with a 25.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wiring kit I got with mine had a 30 fuse in it.
Where did you put your relay? Mine's under the seat in the little tool compartment, so I know it's not subject to the weather.

·
Registered
537 Posts
my relay is tucked up under the fairing high up in the left corner and is water tight. maybe i was right the first time when i installed with a 30 amp fuse. i went with a 10 because i thought 30 might be too high.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A 20 amp fuse with 14ga wire overkill or 16ga wire being okay is the way to go. I've read reports of the current draw being in the teens. If a 30amp fuse is used, 10ga wire is needed. The fuse needs to be sized to protect the wire from overheating.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Turns out it was the relay. I got another one at Advance Auto, can you point me to one of these sealed ones?
Eastern Beaver is a good place. It's Jim's company. See his sig.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hey Jim, do you sell just the relay, not the whole kit? If you could send me a link via e-mail or PM I would appreciate it.
Rob
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts