·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doesn't work on Bing either.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd guess it's a logon issue restricting their web crawlers from accessing that forum. It seems valid on face value. Why give people the option to bypass the restrictions?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd guess it's a logon issue restricting their web crawlers from accessing that forum. It seems valid on face value. Why give people the option to bypass the restrictions?
That's a pretty good guess. I didn't think you could stop a SE from searching certain folders, but I guess if it's hidden when not logged on that would explain it.

Why give people the option to bypass the restrictions?
Well, the only reason I can think of, is that the forum search won't find words like "seat" or "OEM."

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not going to go into detail here, but this does work, use this -->

seat site:stromtrooper.com/dl-1000-%5B-vee%5D/
could this also work with for sale forum? I don't see how, but if you could offer some correct syntax, thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
Why the need for a search? Nothing lasts there longer 45 days and gone if sold.

Talking about 6-8 pages to flip thru, 20 items to a page. >2 minutes first time you look.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Use the custom search box at the top center of every page. It's quite happy to return results for seat and OEM.

Since it's Google based, just search "item name", sale

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i've found any search functions on this forum is mostly a futile attempt. there are people on here that will quickly jump on the 'use search' bandwagon. and there are moderators that will lock a thread up for no reason other than their own agenda. so post up, ask up...many on here are knowledgeable and very willing to help.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The point was that Google alone cannot return results from the "For Sale" forum as it is restricted to those who are logged in. Just bookmark it and keep the cookies.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The Google custom search box near the top at the center of the page works quite well. The Search button in the top bar, not so much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts