StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

Ever since joining here, I can't seem to stay 'online' for more than a few minutes at a time. Even when typing out a reply or asking a question, when I try and post it, it tells me I am not logged on and sometimes I have lost my post/request while re-entering my log in name and password. I now make sure I copy everything I want to post before hitting the submit button to keep from losing it when things go south.

Any suggestions? Is there a setting I haven't noticed somewhere that can fix this?

TIA!

Cheers!

Pat

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Sounds like a cookie problem to me. Did you check the box to stay logged on when you logged on last?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GW--

No, I didn't check a box..but I'll look for it now. Thanks! I've never noticed a check box saying Stay Logged On...but will look for it next time I log on, for sure!

RandyT- Yes, I am on a Mac, using Safari. Can't go back to the dark side so if it's an issue with Macs, I'll live with it. :)

Thanks, guys!

Cheers!

Pat

·
Super Moderator
4,481 Posts
I get it, too, but not just on this forum. It only happens with my iPad. I've tried clearing the cookies but the problem recurs.

Doesn't happen on my PC.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Happens to me all the time. Sometimes while writing a long post I'll time out. Nothing seems to help me (even checking the box) , But I'll be the first to admit that I'm not computer savy.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have a similar issue with my IPad, too. Every time I get out of this board, I have to back in again, and yes, I always check the "always stay logged in" box. I don't have this problem with my I-Mac computer, just with the IPad. In fact, it's something that just started happening in the past ten days . Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts