StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my V-Strom last week from Dreyer Motorsports in Indy. It is an '06 in the lightblue color. It had been dropped on the left side and not repaired. Minor scratches to me but to some, it would have been the only reason to not buy it.
I'm just curious if a member here owned it before me. Actually, I have a gut feeling that there may have been more to it than just dropped on it's left side and I would like to find out it's history. The odometer only showed 1700 miles but there are little signs that lead me to believe something is amiss.
I still love the bike but I can't shake this feeling. Worst case fear is that it is a salvage rebuild.

Matt

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
If you bought a salvage title from Dryer and they didn't tell you - I'm positive they brought the law. The best I think you can do is go to carfax and do a report on the VIN.

Considering I know the sales manager at Dryer, I seriously doubt they would take the chance of selling a salvage title vehicle. Dryer does quite a bit of volume for IN. I bought my DL there as well, although it was fresh out of the crate.

What else are you noticing about the bike that makes you think something happened besides a drop? Perhaps a minor crash vs. a drop?

Tige

1 - 2 of 2 Posts