StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dead set on making the switch to Full Bores in the spring.

Now I may just pony up the extra 125 bucks and try the new Continentals.

I'll be quite honest that I've not tried the stock BattleWings on gravel yet but just judging from my past experience, I'm not all that excited to give it a go.

I don't need full knobbies but I'd like to find something a bit more aggressive then the stock tires.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pretty pictures.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
I have used the Shinko 705's and put a equivalent Full Bore on the back. I think the Shinko's are mo bettah than the Full Bores.
Swapped the Full Bore for a Heidenau K60 at 4K miles. Was on the road and didn't think the FB would get me home. Heidenau good but pricier that the Shinkys.
If the tire isn't going to last more than 6k miles, I can't see paying more than the Shinko costs.
Let us know what mileage you get from the Continentals.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Link PTRider. Great review.

notacop, you're not the first one I have seen post up that they liked the Shinko over the FullBore. Even though they are similar, the tread compounds have got to be different to have that many favorable reviews swing to the Shinkos.

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Rumor has it that the original importer of the Shinko's still has them made for him under the Full Bore name. I felt the rear sliding recently in the twisties, never had that with the Shinko's. I've dragged the pegs with the Shinko's and never had a funky feel in the twisties.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rumor has it that the original importer of the Shinko's still has them made for him under the Full Bore name. I felt the rear sliding recently in the twisties, never had that with the Shinko's. I've dragged the pegs with the Shinko's and never had a funky feel in the twisties.
The company I get my tires from here in Canada don't sell the Full Bores. I've been using the Shinko 705 on my Vstrom and my wife's F650GS. The last set I got for the Vstrom were the radials and even though they are in fact Shinko branded tires they had a small Full Bore sticker on them too.

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
I got two sets of 705's, one for the 650GS and the Wee for 300 bucks delivered. I love a good deal! Motor Super Store I think.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I like the looks of the TKC 70. May try them after the Anakee 3s I have now. Been thrilled with the A3 but my fronts are about gone at just shy of 7,000 miles. The rears are fine. Really disappointed in front tire wear of A3s. Looks like 2 rears to one front....the opposite of my experience with the A2s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts