StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered the carbon one, it's a full exhaust cause they do not offer slip-ons. with the pictures available, all the clearences look OK for the adventure accessories, side cases look super limit for clearences and bottom oem engine guard seems ok. i ordered the exhaust with an bmc air filter cause i feel the engine aint breathing right and the motor works hard to eliminate it's gases. the motor is smooth but when accelerating hard and fast the engine feels restricted. we will see if it operates freely after the instalation. i had a 2005 sv1000s and whwn i put on 2 slip-ons it made a big difference in smoother and freer acceleration. so who's got it on their bike and what are your experience and opinions on the exhaust. and please post pictures if possible. thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Please post some pics of the install before and after.

And a soundclip before and after would be awesome!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes if you will how much $$$ and where did you source it?
desperately seeking a sound clip as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it cost me 830.00 shipped from bayside motorsports. from canada to canada. i got a bmc filter as well. for the weight loss i would say a good 5 pounds. pulls much harder at higher revs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had to look for this...

I really want to keep the bike as stock as possible, but it desperately needs a better note to the exhaust...

·
Registered
99 Posts
LeoVince

I'm getting tempted.
1. Price is variable by where you live. Get that.
2. Weight savings about 5 pounds. Check.
3. Sound appears to be louder without being LOUDER! Check.
So....
4. Gas mileage change? Any? Better? Worse?
5. Air filter and exhaust gave better high end. Check. Was that with remapping or stock mapping for the EFI?
Thanks much!

·
Registered
187 Posts
My laptop speakers probably don't do justice for the sound so I put it through the exterior speakers. I was hoping for a bit more "Basso Profundo" instead of ching ching rump rump.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the mileage is the same as stock. no power commander dont need it. i cant compare the sound cause i havent realy noticed this engine with an aftermarket exhaust. does not sound deep and base like my ex 05 sv1000s with twin yosh mufflers. it's a very nice built exhaust

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it sound exactly like the leovince video. it's the only exhaust clearing all the canadian adv accessories.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it's a tone of it's own

I have an '06 DL1000 with Leo's on and like the sound too. Not an HD or GSX'r sound, it's a tone of it's own. But I will say I did loose about 10mpg. I use to get 45 when all stock. Had issues at low rpm(3k-4k) and a usbPiii with a costom map fixed all that. Have two maps, 1 for putting around town and a second to rip ass on the street. Tried several maps with the Leo's and KnN filter, some better/ worse, but nothing gives back to mpg's. Enjoy your Leo's, I like mine. Acc's & Bags fit well and they look great with the pipes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I e-mailed Leo Vince in Richmond, Ca. asking the questions about fitment with add on accessories including skid plates, in my case touratech skid plate.

I contacted Revzilla. They have the system in stock at a slightly discounted price. My question to them was if the system would fit with all the Adventure accessories installed including the Tourtech Skid Plate. They could not confirm it would work with the skid plate but did report it would work with the center stand.

I am somewhat conservative and will let someone else be the first to test.

They also confirmed the "complete" in "complete system" does include the front pipes at the cylinder heads and all the way back to the muffler.

Change is good, go ahead you go first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pardon my ignorance here, but what the frick is that higher pitched air-sucking sound?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pardon my ignorance here, but what the frick is that higher pitched air-sucking sound?
backpressure frequency sound, or something like that. created by intern engine noise (sometimes a full open exhaust will let more engine or valve sound come out of the exhaust.) or the shape of the headers and connectors. it aint that bad. sounds like a v-twin with exhaust with one oulet 2 in 1.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts