StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:furious:

K wtf... tried heat, ice and vice grips on rear brake caliper screw. Anyone else manage to use the "flat" screwdriver to pull this screw out?? Mine is almost chewed at this point.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Made me wonder. I did a search for 'removal of rear caliper pin' and found a shit load of info about the pins and pad R&R.
I went to the garage and tried undoing mine..Made a little snap and came loose. I wouldn't use locktite on these assys. You might want to get them undone at a later date.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the front calipers. They have hex style nuts pinned through the pads. I'm starting to think someone broke the last and put this flat screw through. :headbang:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Manual impact screwdriver.

I try first by hand then if it looks like I'm gonna strip it, out comes Birtha. But on brake calipers I always use it the heat makes them stick

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Manual impact screwdriver.

I try first by hand then if it looks like I'm gonna strip it, out comes Birtha. But on brake calipers I always use it the heat makes them stick
I learnt about getting the hand impact out of the tool box on some things even if the condition of the fastener looked new and clean, like Volkswagen shroud screws on air cooled engines many many solar rotations ago, often just using it as a hand screwdriver just cause the hardened bit is always a good fit to the slot

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts