StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking first weekend in April. Long weekend. Take off a Friday and Monday, or Thursday and Friday, or Monday and Tuesday. Leave Flagstaff, AZ and head for the coast!!!

Straight out to the coast, up to around San Fran, out to Tahoe, then back to Flagstaff.

Join for some of the ride or all of it. Flexible dates.

Life is short, let's ride!!!!! No excuses.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Sounds awesome!
Excuse #1 cant cuz Im saving for my multi state run in June:headbang:
Mike

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An excuse that involves another planned motorcycle ride in the not too distant future is acceptable. :)

I'm doing this ride as cheaply as possible. Canned tuna for meals, roadside food vendors or stands. Stay with friends or camp.

Good stuff!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Im looking at 13 states, over 2.5 weeks and food and lodging many times over the trip.
Plus whatever I spend on the kids while out.
Wife will fly in and meet me in San Antonio and Chicago for my Grand Daughters and Sons birthdays.
Gonna be expensive, but my big trip of the year.
Mike

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
It's 470 miles from Flag to home here. We can do some local roads, anything you aren't familiar with, for a day or two and then you can head north. If that fits in your plans or just crash and go.
No freaking lame-o excuses. Ride or Whine!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking, I'm thinking!!!

:mrgreen:
That's a good sign! :thumbup:

It's 470 miles from Flag to home here. We can do some local roads, anything you aren't familiar with, for a day or two and then you can head north. If that fits in your plans or just crash and go.
I'm lookin at 4 days total, possibly five.... won't have much time for sitting.

At the least we should meet for breakfast or lunch or dinner and you can point me in the right direction. (Or choose your favorite place to eat as the meet-up location:mrgreen:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I'm thinking make it to your place by night one, then head north and meet up with Ken in Angels Camp by night 2.

So that'd be leaving flagstaff the 4th and being back in flagstaff the 7th.

I'll put in for those days off tomorrow! :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
That will probably work. I usually left home at 0400 and made Flag by noon. Piece o' pie.
An easy day, dinner and off to the coast.
There's nothing on our dance card as of now.
I kinda forgot, there's no freaking moss on your tires.
I'll PM my address. If I post it here I'll have all sorts of riff-raff banging on the door.:green_lol:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Piece o' pie.
Hmmm....what kind of pie??

If I post it here I'll have all sorts of riff-raff banging on the door.:green_lol:
I'm leaving my house (West Valley, Utah) on Thursday, overnight likely in Austin, Nevada, next day to Angels Camp, California.
Do a day ride with jdubyap to the coast and back to Angels Camp, head for home on Sunday.
I'll have an extra bed or two for the riff raff... :thumbup:
Give me a holler...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Let's see how many views and excuses this thread can accumulate. :)
*No one to feed the dog?
*..... my passport into Calif. has expired??
*hummm, best one I can think of is.. I just can't get the time off right then, but you ahead and fun without me :headbang:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey jdub, just a little south of you in Chino Valley. Doing much the same route in may but heading north up the Oregon coast. Weathers been so nice around here that its like spring already. I tend to dawdle when I ride so solo fits my style, maybe see you out and about around here...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
*No one to feed the dog?
*..... my passport into Calif. has expired??
*hummm, best one I can think of is.. I just can't get the time off right then, but you ahead and fun without me :headbang:
Bummer! We'll miss ya!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Lodging reserved for the 4th and 5th in Angels Camp. I got a larger unit in case anyone wanted to share (extra room for one or two more). Full kitchen, hot tub, etc. About $70 a night.
Let me know if you're interested, otherwise I'll downgrade to a smaller unit and save a couple $

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lodging reserved for the 4th and 5th in Angels Camp. I got a larger unit in case anyone wanted to share (extra room for one or two more). Full kitchen, hot tub, etc. About $70 a night.
Let me know if you're interested, otherwise I'll downgrade to a smaller unit and save a couple $
Looking at mileage from Pasadena to Angels Camp is about 540 miles on the route Howard and I are intending to take. I don't think it's very realistic to ride that many miles on day 2 up the PCH.

I've rode from Carpinteria, to San Fran in one day but I was booking it (not too enjoyable).

Are you heading home on the 6th?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts