StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who needs a 1000cc bike when the 650 v-strom does every thing a big bike does !!.Cheap to run easy on tyres & chain good fuel consumption & low comp insurance premium & the seat is good on your backside.
When I bought my 650 strom about 2 years ago I had some vibes through the right handlebar at around 100 KPH which drove me crazy as it was at the legal speed limit & a nice speed for cruising.
One biker did sudgest that it could be the throttle bodies.

I had the bike serviced at 12,000 klms & they synchronised the throttle bodies & I can tell you its much better so Iam happy with the service.

I was thinking of a test ride on the new BMW 800 ST when it hit the shores next month here in OZ, if any one out their has bought one please give me a heads up on it CHEERS, but when I think about it my bike is such an all rounder does everything in its stride. so, are you guys happy with yours ? reply soon Julian

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ummmmm :eek: Have you riden a 1000? Once you ride one you will know why................

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
"Who needs a 1000cc bike when the 650 v-strom does every thing a big bike does !!.Cheap to run easy on tyres & chain good fuel consumption & low comp insurance premium & the seat is good on your backside."

Jeez, you learn something new every day. Who knew! What was I thinking buying that stupid litre bike?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
When I have more money, and more skill I dont think a 1000 would would be all that bad of a choice. For now the 650 is a Value, and the 1000 is neat.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
julian said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who needs a 1000cc bike when the 650 v-strom does every thing a big bike does !!.
WHAT?!?!? Did I miss something? When did the 650 get 98 bhp and 74 ft/lbs of torque!! 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
julian said:

Who needs a 1000cc bike when the 650 v-strom does every thing a big bike does !!.
I need a 1000, cause the 650 doesnt do some things the 1000 does. Like accelerate faster from trucks and traffic than a 650, top speed is more than a 650, load capacity is more than a 650.

Now you probibly gonna say: "Well who needs to go top speed and accelerate hard?" The answer is I DO. Thats my way of riding and the 650 can not satisfy my needs. plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Vinny, based on what's in your sig, I'd like to hear how the 'Busa and FZ1 compare to the Vee. How 'bout it?

- Martin

·
Registered
264 Posts
My busa and FZ are both great bikes. I use my FZ for around town and the busa is a street racer when I get the itch. Our stroms are for touring only.
On my Busa I can hit triple digits within a street block, 90mph in first gear. My FZ1 is a great bike and I love it. Extremely fast and wicked acceleration. But these two bikes dont compare to the strom when it comes to comfort and virsatility. Vstrom has great acceleration. Better suspension than my other 1000cc+ bikes and plenty of room for farkles. Here. I will put the bike in catagory:

Hayabusa: Extremely fast capable of 240mph + w/tre pcIIIusb and shift kit.
And WILL out run ANYTHING on the sreet today. Brakes are one of the best. comfortable streched laydown position, not the cramped fetal postion you would get with a gixxer or R1. Smooth running I4 engine w/no vibrations.

Yamaha FZ1: Real fast for around town driving. Top speed with 186mph could be a little more once I get a tre and pcIIIusb on it. Good for stop and go city traffic. Can and will get monkey butt in an hour. Great brakes and good power to weight ratio. Smooth running I4 engine w/no vibrations.

DL1000: Extremely comfortable upright riding position. Lacks a little on the acceleration and topspeed department but I can fix that. Brakes are great. Suspension is the greatest. GREAT touring bike for long trips. Wife and I go to Vegas alot and I would take the V over any bike out there. The V is the best all around "Adventure bike". V-twin can use some work, flogging the trottle makes me think Im on a Harley. If they would put a I4 engine in the bike in years to come I would sell my others and just have a few stroms.

·
Registered
369 Posts
julian said:
Who needs a 1000cc bike when the 650 v-strom does every thing a big bike does !!.Cheap to run easy on tyres & chain good fuel consumption & low comp insurance premium & the seat is good on your backside.
Julian,
I sincerely hope that you posted this out of excitement of getting a new bike and not to instigate a flaming war between 1000 and 650 guys. We are all passionate about our bikes and feel that ours is the perfect choice. However, what we perceive as perfection and our reasons for picking our rides are not necessarily what/how someone else see it. Please be more respectful of others and decisions they made.

Wingman

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
:arrow: Just say the word and this thread will magically disappear.

I think the 650/1000 thing has been beaten to death now, and I am sure most here would agree.

If you folks would like me to "manage" those threads, I gladly will.

Thanks!

Ray

·
Registered
264 Posts
yes please get rid of the 650 v 1000 threads, its quite annoying and worthless . Everyone has there own opinion and can we leave it at that?

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
This 650/1000 thread and the other 47 650/1000 threads need to be all directed into one thread titled "WHO GIVES A S#@T". I can't Think of a subject that deserves less time and space in this or any other forum. If any body on this site wants to know why I have a 650 please PM me. I'll give ya the straight poop. This is my very first bike and I am hoping to learn more about real things regarding the v-strom like riding stratagies on wet pavement or how to avoid the F%&!($g deer that dart out from the woods. Yes the basics are covered in various books and mags but what about on the actual v-strom? Oh well this is just the ranting of one old man who obviously reads all those silly 650/1000 threads. Besides, JESUS rides a 650. It's red cause blue makes babies cry.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
fatalerror said:
:arrow: Just say the word and this thread will magically disappear.

I think the 650/1000 thing has been beaten to death now, and I am sure most here would agree.

If you folks would like me to "manage" those threads, I gladly will.

Thanks!

Ray
Fatal, you should not have to manage these threads. I think that it is incumbent on all of us to step up and self police ourselves.

·
Administrator
17,518 Posts
Scarlett Harlot said:
This 650/1000 thread and the other 47 650/1000 threads need to be all directed into one thread titled "WHO GIVES A S#@T". I can't Think of a subject that deserves less time and space in this or any other forum. If any body on this site wants to know why I have a 650 please PM me. I'll give ya the straight poop. This is my very first bike and I am hoping to learn more about real things regarding the v-strom like riding stratagies on wet pavement or how to avoid the F%&!($g deer that dart out from the woods. Yes the basics are covered in various books and mags but what about on the actual v-strom? Oh well this is just the ranting of one old man who obviously reads all those silly 650/1000 threads. Besides, JESUS rides a 650. It's red cause blue makes babies cry.
Stated like a TRUE BUCKEYE!!!!!!!! How bout those Hawkeyes!!!! :lol: :p

I ride a 1000, and I feel that the 650 is probably the best all around motorcycle on the market! That also means....that the 1000 has got to be pretty damn good too! 8)

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Can't stop them BUCKEYES. Jim Tressel rides a 1000

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I have and all it confimred was that I didn't "need" the 1000. Is it a nice bike??? Hell yea 8) but it wasn't what I wanted or even needed. I do fine on my Wee Strom and with a little luck I'll have the 07 ABS next spring 8)

bluebyu said:
Ummmmm :eek: Have you riden a 1000? Once you ride one you will know why................

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on the 1000 :D , my friend has the 650 and we swapped bikes last weekend and after about 10 miles I pulled over and asked for my 1000 back. The 650 is a little lower and has a smoother power plant, but at 60 mph in 6th gear about 5000 rpm? The 1000 is in 4th gear at about 4000 rpm at 65 mph. I aslo noticed that it felt like a mini-bike after riding the 1000. The 650 is a wonderful bike, but the 1000 has way more power and speed. Its actually quite a handfull untill you get use to it :shock: .

·
Registered
645 Posts
I spent a little time yesterday researching the current crop of bikes on the market, just to see what I might consider as an alternate to my DL650.. Only one I kept coming back to was, of course, the DL1000! I love my 650, but if my riding habits were to change from mostly single riding, touring, and commuting to mostly 2-up touring, I'd certainly at least consider the change. They are both wonderful bikes.., in blue of course!

·
Registered
59 Posts
julian said:

When I bought my 650 strom about 2 years ago I had some vibes through the right handlebar at around 100 KPH which drove me crazy as it was at the legal speed limit & a nice speed for cruising.
One biker did sudgest that it could be the throttle bodies.

I had the bike serviced at 12,000 klms & they synchronised the throttle bodies & I can tell you its much better so Iam happy with the service.

I was thinking of a test ride on the new BMW 800 ST when it hit the shores next month here in OZ, if any one out their has bought one please give me a heads up on it CHEERS, but when I think about it my bike is such an all rounder does everything in its stride. so, are you guys happy with yours ? reply soon Julian
You are such a troll.

The 650 certainly does not do everything a litre bike does. Have you even ridden one, you idiot?

The 650 is nice (I know, I own a new one), but it's no litre bike. My Speed Triple would stomp all over it.

I bet you were separated from your lunch money a lot when you were a boy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.