StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I know i will need the tallest one. Iv heard all about the vstrom head buffeting. my Burgman 650 was the same way til i got the tall givi for it. I dont know what it is about suzuki. do they not have a wind tunnel?

I havent actually gotten a vstrom yet, but i know ill need a tall windscreen. Im 6'2'' and it was a must on every bike iv had.

thanks,
-Matt

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
You do.

Go to the nearest home improvement store and buy some plexiglas.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm 6'6" and I'm using the National Cycle V Stream, it's about as tall as I would want to go. Mounted in the 2nd set of holes from the bottom, I can see over it or if I want I can look through it if I slouch down somewhat. I don't like to have to look through a screen, if it rains you can't see throught it, or in my case a FF shield will also block even more of your vision. ---BB

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'6" and I'm using the National Cycle V Stream, it's about as tall as I would want to go. Mounted in the 2nd set of holes from the bottom, I can see over it or if I want I can look through it if I slouch down somewhat. I don't like to have to look through a screen, if it rains you can't see throught it, or in my case a FF shield will also block even more of your vision. ---BB
yes, i agree about looking over the windshield. I like it to come up to just under my nose.

-matt

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Givi Airflow

I am 6'1" and very happy with my Givi Airflow. I keep it in the lowest postion and the air stream is a couple of inches above my head, no buffeting.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
6'4" givi+madstad+Pat Walsh dash shelf =no problems

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Thanks for the help. I know i will need the tallest one. Iv heard all about the vstrom head buffeting. my Burgman 650 was the same way til i got the tall givi for it. I dont know what it is about suzuki. do they not have a wind tunnel?

I havent actually gotten a vstrom yet, but i know ill need a tall windscreen. Im 6'2'' and it was a must on every bike iv had.

thanks,
-Matt
I'm 6'2 and the CalSci XTall is an inch too tall for me with the Madstad. But he will make it higher or lower for you as required.

The Cee Bailey (at least the old design) is also tall but the corners vibrate.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm 6'6" as well, and don't like looking through the shield either. I use a Givi tall and Madstad. This combo works pretty good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am 6' 6" tall and I run a National Cycle V-steam set in the middle position on the stock mounting bracket.

I wear a Shoei Hornet and ride with my sheild up and sunglasses on in great comfort.

I hated the stock sheild (and I had a Lamar lip on it too). Love the V-stream (and my bike).

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm 6'5"
I had the Givi on the top location.
But too often find myself going more than 2x the posted speed limit.
I lowered it one notch (on the factory mounting locations) and now get enough wind to feel the speed.
But its hitting the top of my helmet, so it doesn't bother me.
I'm looking over the windscreen in either position, but the angle (stock HW) is angled enough to push the air over you.

Funny, you came to the vStrom from a Burgman, and I came from a Majesty....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a CalSci and think it's great.
I also replaced the stock mirrors with Aprilia Tuono units. It got rid of a lot of the wind noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts