StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best coverage for the dollar? I'm 41, no accidents or tickets in past 3 years. I paid 3k for my bike. I don't think I need full coverage...hehe! No liens etc....

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
Just too many variables.................

·
Registered
95 Posts
insurance

I have a Jeep Wrangler, VN900, And my Wee. 100,000/300,00 with 100,000 property damage. State farm grouped them together and the bikes come out to $36.00 every six months. Been with State farm for about 25 years and they treat me very well. I'm 64 going on 46.
Fred

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Dan
It depends on your state and your locality within the state--make lots of phone calls to insurance agents and check the on-line sources. Of course, we don't want just the cheapest insurance. We want the insurance that pays the best for a good claim and then is lowest cost. If you can afford to replace the bike, you don't need collision insurance and might not need comprehensive (theft and non-collision damage). If you have great medical insurance you might not need uninsured/underinsured motorist medical coverage. Be sure the insurance has adequate coverage for your riding gear. Discuss all this with your insurance agent. Do get adequate liability coverage. If you own much, do consider umbrella liability coverage that goes over your home and vehicle insurance liability limits (and may allow some reductions in those coverages). Umbrella coverage is sold in million dollar increments. I consider umbrella coverage of twice one's non-retirement account net worth as a good level (retirement accounts such as 401(k) and IRA usually have good state protection).

·
Registered
35 Posts
its' a crapshoot..

dairyland used to be really good but progressive seems to be wanting my bidness more these days.

whatever you do check it yearly because all of them give discounts for switching.. and they are all jerks at heart anyway.

They are only loyal to you as long as you pay the bill... no point in being loyal to them if they want to charge you more than the other guy for the "privelage" of paying them more.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
My deal is very similar to Fjones; same company, same coverage, 500 deductible. The premium on the Strom is $10.69 per month with the above coverage. It was only $4 less if I dropped collision and comprehensive. Two bikes, a car, and a condo= $87/month.

I commented in another insurance thread that I think even your credit rating plays into the rate you will be quoted. But don't quote me on that!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I commented in another insurance thread that I think even your credit rating plays into the rate you will be quoted. But don't quote me on that!
Oh yeah. By using the credit rating the insurance companies can always find something that doesn't meet their impossible criteria...too many accounts opened in the last two years or something else meaningless...and so nobody gets their best rate. You think that Home Depot account you opened to get the 10% discount and year's free financing on that washer & dryer, and that you paid off in full before it was due, was a good deal?---not on your insurance rate.

·
Registered
392 Posts
rate

Depends on all sorts of things, where you live, own or rent, married or single, credit rating, driving record, experience on bikes, training etc, etc.

What can be a great rate for one person has pretty much no bearing at all on the rate someone else will get.

Bill H.

·
Registered
371 Posts
29 Clear Record - 2 bikes - Progressive for USAA - WA State

Coverage & Premium Information

2009 1980
Suzuk Suzuk
Vstrom 650 GS 750E

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $84.00 $35.00
****BI $250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT
****PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNDERINSURED MOTORIST $48.00 $19.00
****$25,000 EACH PERSON - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
MEDICAL PAYMENTS $2,500 EACH PERSON $56.00 $23.00
COMPREHENSIVE $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $28.00
****INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
COMPREHENSIVE $1,000 DED AGREED VALUE $5.00
****AGREED VALUE
COLLISION $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $127.00
****INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
COLLISION $1,000 DED AGREED VALUE $6.00
****AGREED VALUE
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00 $10.00
****UNDERINSURED MOTORIST PROPERTY DAMAGE -REJECTED
Premium by Vehicle $353.00 $98.00
Total Policy Premium $451.00

Sorry for formating... I wish we had a insurance thread sticky... as I asked this quesiton a bunch of times and it is always asked....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts