StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to get a set of pipes for my DL1K. I was really considering the Wings from Adventurers Workshop, but have not recieved any type of rply from Andy on the multiple E-Mails I have sent over the last few weeks. So now I am planning on the Remus pipes in Carbon. Is the sound level on these acceptable, with the baffle in? I have heard the aluminum version, but hearing them standing next to a bike is a whole lot different than living with them long term.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wow, 41 views and 0 replies. I guess that answers your question. A few guys on the "other" forum have them, at least on the 1000. Around here you'll find lots of Staintunes, Holeshots, Leo Vince, etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was starting to get that impression. I will be getting teh Remus pipes, before next summer. Will post impressions, once I get them installed.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have not personally heard them but someone I know bought them and shortly thereafter they were yanked off. I think his exact words were "I had to remove them or my HOA was going to remove me". If you don't like your neighbors or believe loud pipes save lives then this might be just the ticket. :twisted:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know which pipes he had. The ones I am looking at are the Revolution with removable baffle. The aluminum version I heard didn't seem extremely loud, however there were a steady stream of bike in and out, also teh bike wasn't under any load.

C

·
0 Posts
Hi

I too am looking for advice on suitable cans for my DL1K.

Having looked around, the Remus GP Revolution cans look like a good all rounder - apparently road legal (E-marked) with the baffle in. I would be very interested in knowing what they sound like. They're looking for £435 (GBP) for a pair so they need to be right.

Not really looking for a power increase, just want to release some of that deep thunder only a big twin can provide. Any other ideas? Akrapovic and the like are too expensive - Scorpion seem too cheap and tacky.

Also, any way of re-fitting the heat shields/cowling back over aftermarket exhausts?

Clinton

S

·
0 Posts
GGRJR said:
I getting ready to get a set of pipes for my DL1K. I was really considering the Wings from Adventurers Workshop, but have not recieved any type of rply from Andy on the multiple E-Mails I have sent over the last few weeks. So now I am planning on the Remus pipes in Carbon. Is the sound level on these acceptable, with the baffle in? I have heard the aluminum version, but hearing them standing next to a bike is a whole lot different than living with them long term.
I've heard a Remus exhaust on a BMW 1150R and it sounded great! Noticeable, but not obnoxious loud and a very sweet smooth low end grunt. I want one, but I'm lazy when it comes to aftermarket stuff... :(

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
GGRJR said:
I was starting to get that impression. I will be getting teh Remus pipes, before next summer. Will post impressions, once I get them installed.
Hey GGRJR...got the new exhaust yet? I'm thinking about a new exhaust for my 05 650 and the Remus are currently at the top of my list.

·
Registered
238 Posts
GGRJR said:
>> So now I am planning on the Remus pipes in Carbon. Is the sound level on these acceptable, with the baffle in? I have heard the aluminum version, but hearing them standing next to a bike is a whole lot different than living with them long term.
I have them (or,,, I WILL have them tomorrow when I pick the bike up!) and did not find them obnoxious or intrusive; FWIW, I have an '02 RS Warrior that had the Hard Krome 3" staggered duals, and even w/ the baffles in, they were too loud for me; I ended up selling them and getting a beat up V&H to ceramic coat to put on the HK's place. Even the V&H is too loud for me if I run it w/out the baffle, and I do NOT have a HOA (anymore).
My wife said she could hear me coming around the corner (I was cranking on it a bit), but she didn't think it too obtrusive to annoy anyone.

KevinL
VA

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yep, I now have them and I LIKE 'EM!! Not as loud as I had feared,a nd certainly less so than a friends VFR w/ the Two Bros pipe.
I work in DC, live in VA if anyone wants to hear them.

KevinL

klong said:
GGRJR said:
>> So now I am planning on the Remus pipes in Carbon. Is the sound level on these acceptable, with the baffle in? I have heard the aluminum version, but hearing them standing next to a bike is a whole lot different than living with them long term.
I have them (or,,, I WILL have them tomorrow when I pick the bike up!) and did not find them obnoxious or intrusive; FWIW, I have an '02 RS Warrior that had the Hard Krome 3" staggered duals, and even w/ the baffles in, they were too loud for me; I ended up selling them and getting a beat up V&H to ceramic coat to put on the HK's place. Even the V&H is too loud for me if I run it w/out the baffle, and I do NOT have a HOA (anymore).
My wife said she could hear me coming around the corner (I was cranking on it a bit), but she didn't think it too obtrusive to annoy anyone.

KevinL
VA

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a sound file floating around this site or the "other site" that I've heard and those Remus pipes do sound wicked...I've made a mental not that after risers, boots, and bags, I'm uh gettin the remus...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok finally got teh Remusrevolutions in carbon. The pipes sold in the US actually use a different removable baffle than european model. Cans actually say Grand Prix, however I verified with maxmoto that I had gotten the correct pipes. The sound level is not much above stock, when puttering around, but takes on a nice growl when hammering on it. No complaints from the neighbors when leaving for work a 0 dark thirty. They report it is no louder than the VFR with Micron pipe. Fit and finish is quite good. I was able to use all of the mounting locations, though I had to loosen the left passenger peg to get the mount bolt started. The rt strap mount has the pipe rotated slightly, so I will be reforming this allow cannister hang more verticle. Heat transfer to the Giviv is as good if nnot better than stock, I can actually place my hand on the cannister after an fairly aggreesive two hour ride.
I have not run with out the baffles yet, but will post when I do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts