StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Stromies,

I bought a Suzuki tank covers on my first round of farkles for my 07' DL650. I really like it. Nice accent to the bike, plus the protection. My question is i am a "washer", I like a clean, waxed bike. The instructions say i am supposed to take this cover off (pain in the a$$) when washing because if it gets wet it will "cloud" the paint. For now, I have just been sticking a rag in between and dry off the area some, but it kinda stretches the cover out a little. Any one else got this cover and leave it on when washing? Will it cloud the paint? Thanks In advance ... Squeegee

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
The paint looks better under my cover and I never take it off. Rain, shine, washing(very rarely). There are a very light scratches right where the top seam rests on the tank, though.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I just put one on also, I was a little bummed with the "complexity" of this thing. I'll probably just take it off every so often and wash/wax under it. Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have one and it really does help protect from abrasions caused by kneee gripping in turns.:-D

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
I just leave mine on rain or shine. It seems to be fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have one. It added 10MPH, 10 miles to the gallon fuel economy, -10 pounds to the bike, and +10 armor. I had it blessed by a monk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts