StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forums for the last hour. I know I saw a pic. in here of a dash board cover that had a temp gauge and volt meter in it (maybe mounted to the bottom of it).

Would one of you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it.

The thread I'm thinking of had it mounted under a dash board (I guess that's what they're called). That is the thing I was thinking of though.

Muchos Gracias

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dont waste your money. My lasted 1 day, I mounted it beneath the wind screen and a brief rain storm and it shorted out.. it is NOT weather, moisture, rain resistant ... a waste of $25.00. Also the display was so dim you could not see it at night (day time was good)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You can barely see mine in these two shots. It stays dry enough so deep into the fairing that I haven't had a problem. It's up against the fairing's central frame member. It's visible between the stock instruments and the steering stabilizer. The upward angle of the frame member is perfect for viewing. If the front bezel is vertical, the backlight is nearly useless. It needs to face the rider's eye level. One more thing about it's water behavior, people who have had the thing quit when it got wet reported it started working again after it dried.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Found a better picture.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
If you don't need the thermometer, you can go with one of these...

Gives you a quick reference of charge/discharge through stepped LED's. I have one an its been through many downpours and never missed a beat. Only negatives are that the LED's are a little bright ( I put a layer of window tint film over the lense to tone it down) and its from Kuryakyn (who is a major supplier of bolt-on/stick-on plasti-chrome for the Harley crowd
).

It lists at $39.95 or something. I found a black one on sale some place for $25.00

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2695

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=honda&ci=2302

1 - 7 of 7 Posts