StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see V-Stroms all over The City every day, so I'm wondering if any of them belong to Stromtroopers -- and if so, whether any of you is interested in meetups, rides, etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, there are 3 of us in the bay area.. now the question is, When are we going to ride... I rode cavedale/trinity rd. yesterday.. and always welcome company.. Next weekends ride is still in the planning stages... If anyone would like to ride. let me know

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, the big adventure last weekend was an overnight trip down to June lake. I got tired of freezing on the sonoma coast so I went inland.. Tioga pass was beautiful. A little crowded but not insane. The thunder sounds awesome in all that granite. Once I dropped down into the owens valley I was greeted by a constant crosswind. But hey, I wasnt cold.. The wind never stopped.. Spent the night at Big Rock resort and headed home in the morning. Sundays travels sent me over Sonora pass which is never a let down. Made it home in time for a trip to my favorite mexican restuarant for margaritas and great food..

Fall is coming soon..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good ride

Sounds like a good escape. I love riding and camping in the Sierra Mtns. Last year I rode 9 passes in 2.5 days 1700 miles camping each nite. I'm up for riding and camping all year long. In 2 weeks I'm heading to Baja for 2 weeks with a group of guys from the Adv Rider forum. I'll keep checking this thread for possible meetup or ride info after I get back.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Arent you in the sonoma area.. Postal? I dont know if I could do that many miles a day yet... Still new in the saddle.. I want to plan a trip to crater lake soon:thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Arent you in the sonoma area.. Postal? I dont know if I could do that many miles a day yet... Still new in the saddle.. I want to plan a trip to crater lake soon:thumbup:

Actually I'm in Sonoma.

Crater Lake is a good ride. I did it a couple of years ago, camped at Joseph Stewart State Park just south of Crater Lake. Out of Arcata I took 299 east to 96 north to 5 north into Oregon. Then 62 to the campground. Beautiful roads.
I try to stay off highways as much as possible. Have a great ride.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I lived in Sonoma for 13 yrs. I moved over to R.P. about 3 yrs ago.. I bought my strom a few months ago and it has opened a whole new world to me... When are you going to Baja... When you get back maybe we can put something local together..

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I lived in Sonoma for 13 yrs. I moved over to R.P. about 3 yrs ago.. I bought my strom a few months ago and it has opened a whole new world to me... When are you going to Baja... When you get back maybe we can put something local together..
ARrrghh!! Rodent Pork!

The shame of Northern California.

Oops. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Baja

Well, I'm leaving for Baja the 6th of Sept I'll be back on the 25th. I'll pm you when I get back.

BTW, a couple of us are heading to Joshua Tree next friday (the 3rd) to camp out during the long weekend. Friday we will go to Grays Meadow, east of Sequoia NP on 395 at Independence CA then saturday& Sunday at Joshua Tree. You are welcome to join us if you wish, a good meet up! We have a group site and only 3 people are going now. Anyone else reading this is also welcome. At Grays Meadow, its just a regular campsite that can hold approx 4 JT I think can hold about 12.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Labor day is here.. hooray. Is anyone planning a ride.. want to??? I here a bunch of talk about it... Now is the time..:thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes Yes Yes

Labor day is here.. hooray. Is anyone planning a ride.. want to??? I here a bunch of talk about it... Now is the time..:thumbup:
As a matter of fact, I am taking off in about 2 hours, headed to Joshua Tree then down the length of Baja to Cabo San Lucas with a few guys off the ADVrider forum. Two weeks in Baja :hurray: I'm stoked!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol @ "Rodent Pork/Puke" (but hey, at least it's not Cotati.) :biggrinjester:

Haven't been here in a while (v. busy @ work). Looks like there aren't too many of us here in the West Bay, and by "West Bay" I mean places that are accessible from SF without a bridge crossing. We City folk never cross a bridge unless we absolutely have to.

Having said that, in 3 weeks I'm taking off for Death Valley, Palm Springs, San Diego, etc., so maybe I'll see some of youse on the road.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey postal,
How was the trip south of the border.. Did you get into the storms.. When you get so free time lets ride..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey postal,
How was the trip south of the border.. Did you get into the storms.. When you get so free time lets ride..
I just got home this morning from Baja. The people were fantastic, food great and everything very affordable. Bikes handled everything like they are supposed to. I put on 4060 miles this trip, and my Strom did not miss a beat. If you have a chance to go to Baja, do it. Just get past the border towns and everything is great. Not that the border towns are bad or anything, it's just much nicer a little further in. I need to do some preventive maintenance on my bike before I go anywhere, but lets hook up later on this month.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like a blast.. Once you get your maintance done I will be ready.. maybe by then some of the other local strom riders will wake up from their naps and be ready to ride... Fall is here and the leafs are begining to turn..

1 - 20 of 557 Posts