StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is the deal. I'm in the initial stages of trying to figure out how to change my vee over to a cable clutch. So why did I post this in the wee section? Well I'm looking for someone with a wee in twin cities MN or western WI that either has an old clutch cable or would be willing to take theirs off so I can compare it to another part. I don't want to keep your cable or anything. I just need to have a close look at it and maybe take a couple of pictures. So anyone sort of close to saint Paul MN that could help?

·
Registered
858 Posts
how are you going to replace the hydraulic clutch?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy

Well that's easy. Here is what I'm thinking I'll need to use. I think actuator from a Suzuki TL1000S (not TLR as that's hydro, I'm switching my TLR to cable) will fit. I'm going to check to see if it fits when I get the proper pushrod in a couple days. I'm actually converting the TLR right now, but it will be easy enough to see if the actuator and pushrod fit. As long as it does I'm going to find a second actuator to convert the vee. I was thinking I might be able to use a wee clutch lever and perch, but that's why I want to see a cable up close. I need to compare to the TLS clutch cable to see if the wee cable would work or if I'll have to figure something else out. The only thing besides the cable that I don't really have a solution for yet is the front sprocket cover.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well first off I think a cable cutch has a better feel to it. Second is adjustment, cable clutch is easier to adjust (as in you don't have to go changing the master cylinder). As far as reliability goes the actuation cylinder is in a bad spot. It's right by the front sprocket where it will get dirt in there eventually destroying the seal. Because of that I think a mechanical linkage is a better option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts