StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...We got back from our first big trip more than a month ago, and I've finally finished editing some of our footage together. Hammy and I ran from Edmonton south through Montana, then west to Idaho and up through BC. An awesome ride!! Check out Day 1 here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLHpA6VlLI
The audio isn't great, but I hope to have most of the issues worked out soon.

-Whitey Jr

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Thanks guys, superb video....just got back from a 5hr trip (long for me) and I want more:p

I'm new to taking trips so I'm just getting started...looking fwd to part 3.

rjsurfer

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Nice job guys!

Have ridden many of those same roads. Look forward to the next episodes.

What kind of helmet cam are you using?

Cheers!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job guys!

Have ridden many of those same roads. Look forward to the next episodes.

What kind of helmet cam are you using?

Cheers!
We both have the Samsung SC-X models. Great little cams!! Very versatile.

-Whitey Jr

·
Registered
806 Posts
Very nice guys. I just got a DL1000 that I'm getting rigged up for touring next year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great vid, keep them comeing.....
I am from Ontario so a trip to BC is a bit further, but for sure want to try, just need to find some one nuts to try it with me.
I have the same Givi setup, how did it work on such a long trip? enough room?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great vid, keep them comeing.....
I am from Ontario so a trip to BC is a bit further, but for sure want to try, just need to find some one nuts to try it with me.
I have the same Givi setup, how did it work on such a long trip? enough room?
Actually the only Givi bag I have is the top-box. The panniers are Suzuki, and I hate them. The scientists at Suzuki researched for years to discover the most inefficient shape in the universe and made luggage out of it. The shape prevents you from putting in anything that can't be folded up or stuffed in. The Givi bag was great...held all the stuff that I couldn't fit in the panniers.

-Whitey Jr

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
You may want to consider Shad cases. I have 3 42 litre cases and love them. And they are considerably cheaper than Givi.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
my august vacation

i also took your day two route this august , bow valley , kananaskis , and longview , highway 22 . i had read about it in a bike mag article . i also stopped at the beef jerky store and bought liquids from the old man . what was very surreal was the giant wall mart in the small one horse town of pincher creek . waterton lakes are awsome did you go that way on day three or through the crows nestpass? crows nest is interesting as there are 5 small towns there all close together and very old

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually we went south into Montana (Glacier Park) and did the "Going to the Sun" road....awesome!! I'd like to do the Crowsnest soon. I've started episode 3 now, hopefully it'll be done in a few days.

-Whitey Jr

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
We went to the Sun road in the 3rd week of June and it was still snowed in!....diverted down and did the Bear Tooth Pass. That was quite a ride, and there were snowmobilers riding along side the road. Lots of snow still up there at that point of the year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
i also took your day two route this august , bow valley , kananaskis , and longview , highway 22 . i had read about it in a bike mag article . i also stopped at the beef jerky store and bought liquids from the old man . what was very surreal was the giant wall mart in the small one horse town of pincher creek . waterton lakes are awsome did you go that way on day three or through the crows nestpass? crows nest is interesting as there are 5 small towns there all close together and very old
I highly recommend "Route 40 Soup Co" in Turner Valley. I'm not generally a soup kinda guy, but wow the soup and sandwich creations are well worth the trip.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Actually we went south into Montana (Glacier Park) and did the "Going to the Sun" road....awesome!! I'd like to do the Crowsnest soon. I've started episode 3 now, hopefully it'll be done in a few days.

-Whitey Jr
How was the construction on the Going-to-the-Sun? I was there about a month and a half ago and it was a mess!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How was the construction on the Going-to-the-Sun? I was there about a month and a half ago and it was a mess!
It wasn't too bad. We had to wait for a few mins on the way back down, but that just gave us time to take our helmets off ;) We were stopped for maybe 10 mins at the construction. I'm editing that part of episode 3 right now, and it's making me want to go back!

-Whitey Jr

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Excellent ride report! I like the semi-professional way you filmed, narrated, and scored the piece. I just smiled the whole time while watching it. Looking forward to the next installment.

Regards,
Boondocker

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well done, great video and narrative!!! I'd be interesting to know how Hammy's KLR did? I've heard mixed things about the KLR... not highway worthy, burns too much oil, etc... Just curious is all. Looking forward to Day 3.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts