StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to the open house at Whitehorse Gear in N. Conway NH this week end (5/19) ?? I'm going just to see all the bikes, good food and I might even buy something..................TD :thumbup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I will be going with a non-V buddy of mine.
We plan on arriving about 10am. We will be leaving the Mansonville, QC area around 7am. The weather looks like it will be very cooperative for the entire weekend. See you there.
DannyC. :thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Danny, I'll look for that white V with Canadian Plates....., Doug, you bet we'll take pictures..............TD

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I am so jealous of those of you who can go. Please take pictures.
It's a warehouse in the woods with a tiny parking lot. Good folks, but a letdown when I first went here on a November day.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to check out Twisted Throttle sometime, but this week end I'm planing on camping on the Kanc, doing some riding and going to Whitehorse as a bonus........I might even take myself out to eat in N. Conway while I'm at it............TD

·
Registered
898 Posts
I was SO wanting to go to Whitehorse's Open House. Had my route planned and a buddy to ride with but I had this nagging feeling that there was "something" on that date that I'd neglected to put on my calendar. And so it is. But, as much as I want to meet/schmooze with all you guys, I'm honored as to what I've been invited to instead: my god daughter's graduation from college with her undergrad degree. I don't have kids so this is a "biggie" for me.

Have Fun, Boys! Enjoy the BBQ, too!:hurray:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BabaAus,
Enjoy your weekend,,,,the kids are only kids once, Whitehorse will be there forever. You've made the right choice................TD

·
Registered
228 Posts
OK TD, I'll be looking for you too.
I should be rolling in around 10ish maybe a bit later.
I will take some pictures to share with all of you unable to attend.
Ride safe.
DannyC.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Danny, I got the card that you left on my seat.....I looked everywhere for that white V Strom with PQ Plates......I'm sorry I missed you, I may just have to travel to Quebec to meet you........I hope you had a good time in my neck of the woods......till then, ride safe :thumbsup:.............TD

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Danny, I got the card that you left on my seat.....I looked everywhere for that white V Strom with PQ Plates......I'm sorry I missed you, I may just have to travel to Quebec to meet you........I hope you had a good time in my neck of the woods......till then, ride safe :thumbsup:.............TD
guys, Guys, GUYS! It really isn't all that difficult!!!!

Trapperdick, this is DannyC.

DannyC, I am pretty darn sure that this is Trapperdick's bike.

Any questions?

Poor fellow, he was really struggling, in the hot sun, with his new purchases.

Anyone else we know?

Sure I Was There!

518 miles for me today. I left MDI at 6am, and returned there, via Québec, at 8pm. It was a great day for a ride!

Here is the route that I rode.

Here are the directions: http://g.co/maps/3udk8

B.L.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barry, I though I saw your bike there, just from the pictures that I've seen..You were parked out by the road and I wasn't parked too far from you....At least now I know what Danny C looks like, thanks for the pics......Wish I could have met you..............TD

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Barry, I though I saw your bike there, just from the pictures that I've seen..You were parked out by the road and I wasn't parked too far from you....At least now I know what Danny C looks like, thanks for the pics......Wish I could have met you..............TD
I had a 50/50 chance of photographing the correct "trapperdick bike". I got the wrong one! I know exactly where you were parked.

That's the problem with gatherings like that. Unless you have met individuals before, you don't have a clue as to what they look like. However, we all seem to have a good idea of what each other's motorcycles look like! But, if you separate the two from each other, you are just "a face in a crowd."

I arrived just before the lunch call. Actually, I was the first in line for lunch, until I realized I needed a meal ticket. I knew once I turned around to go fetch a meal ticket, the "seagulls" would have swarmed to the food. I didn't bother getting a meal ticket, and getting back in line. I left shortly there after, and ate in Gorham, NH.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I saw three Moose last weekend on the way to Coburn Gore,,,,,,,it seemed like every 25 mi a moose poped up, so I just went real fast so they couldn't catch me....I guess it worked, I didn't see any more...........TD

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
DM says that's the best cardboard cutout of a moose that's she ever seen. We've ridden around there so much and never seen a moose, so we know they really don't exist.
The video of the trip, that will include a moving cardboard cutout of a moose, is "rendering" right now. I will upload it to YouTube while I get my beauty sleep. You will be able to view sometime tomorrow.

I put it together with Dirt_Mom and you as the only audience that will ever watch it.

B.L.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I was SO wanting to go to Whitehorse's Open House. Had my route planned and a buddy to ride with but I had this nagging feeling that there was "something" on that date that I'd neglected to put on my calendar. And so it is. But, as much as I want to meet/schmooze with all you guys, I'm honored as to what I've been invited to instead: my god daughter's graduation from college with her undergrad degree. I don't have kids so this is a "biggie" for me.

Have Fun, Boys! Enjoy the BBQ, too!:hurray:
If you had missed something as important as that graduation, I suspect you would have never forgiven yourself. You can see Whitehorse anytime, but a god daughter's graduation from college? That is a once in a lifetime event.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts