StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, Highway 16 in the Sugar Grove area of southwest Virginia. Nice new white Wee2 went cruising by at roughly 1:00 PM as I was about to pull onto the highway. Would have followed and tried to strike-up a conversation but I'd run my Wee down to near empty on fuel to lighten the bike for front tire change and both low-fuel icons / bars were flashing - so I stopped for fuel a mile away.

Spectacular day here. Mid 70s. Clear sky. No humidity. No bugs. Nice new PR4 Trail on the front. Just generally nice all around.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride Highway 16 a lot. Especially on weekends I see groups of 3-8 bikes, many adventure-type bikes, on that road. This past weekend I saw one group of about 8 such bikes and one, at least, was a Strom.

Since I'm only about an hour (or a bit less) from the Carolina line I've always assumed most of these groups of bikes are owned by guys in NC - making their way "up" Hwy 16 to Marion then on to Tazewell and maybe beyond.

On a nice weekend there are probably several hundred bikes on Hwy 16 that pass through the Marion VA area. Seem to be lots of BMWs (GSs), but a fair number of Stroms too.

Just seems to be more and more bikes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts