StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks who use Xena locks: which model do you use?
Will XM14/XN14 fit?
Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm waiting....

For a Xena alarm /disc lock to come in to stock now.I will use it with a CHAIN, that it fits, NOT the disc brake.

One of the Xena's is much, much more sensitive to movement that the others.That's the one I'm going for.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I have a disc lock without an alarm that I actually only use when the bike is at home in the garage anyway.
The problem with alarms is that they are largely ignored by the public these days. A Xena alarm provides no more security for a bike than a non alarm lock, it just makes a noise. If anybody truly wants to steal your bike they will brazenly pull up beside it with a truck and load the bike on alarm blaring whilst wearing overalls and commenting to passers by about stupid bike owners who loose their keys and need assistance.
I've also seen reports from the UK in particular of people deliberately pushing bikes with Xenas over just to set the alarm off.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I got the Xena XR1 lock, about $70 locally. Has a 7mm pin that fits through the disc holes. You can go bigger than 7mm but the lock would have to be long enough to reach inboard of the disc & hang on the disc mounts. I got this lock to remind me NOT to ride off locked again & crash.:rolleyes: Also got a Gorilla compact alarm in case thieves get past the Xena in the parking lot at work. Got it thurs, will install it today, $75.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts