StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested to see how riders with the taller seat have their MRA X-creen set up - any pics would be great...

I'm still playing with mine, but wind noise/turbulence is nasty above 60mph

I'm thinking the stock mirrors are party to blame also, but I wonder how much - at some stage I'll take them off to check, already had a half-hearted attempt but couldn't easily get the bolts undone!

Anyway, back to the question - show me what works for you!

cheers,

Mal

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Too dark right now for pic's, but my X Creen is all the way out and up, and a little less of a angle. It seems to smooth out the airflow somewhat better than stock. Mine's also in the top holes of the faring, I'm tall 6'6". I also have mirrors on extensions-that seems to do as much if not more than the windshield. I'd get them from Richland Rick, unless you're a machinist, because the L/H side is about 1/2" shorter than the R/H side. I made a spacer for mine. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got mine installed today, and I am pretty disappointed. has anyone tried taking out the spacers or anything to change the angle? I can't seem to figure out how to make the air blow up instead of just back... the lower half of the windscreen almost seems like it was designed for a ninja or something, instead of a dual sport.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is all the way up and vertical. It does a nice job of blocking the air. I can use my half helmet with it in this position. I'm pretty sure if I went over 60 mph it would still be quite a blast of air, however. I'm old and slow so I don't go that fast anymore.:yesnod: I also have Rick's mirror extenders, and I think that helps a little with the turbulence.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i am about ready to smash mine with a baseball bat...it doesnt matter what position it's in, it blows air right in my face, and when it rains, it blows water up under my helmet and I get soaked. This thing is pathetic..I am gonna put the stock screen back on, because that was an improvement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i am about ready to smash mine with a baseball bat...it doesnt matter what position it's in, it blows air right in my face, and when it rains, it blows water up under my helmet and I get soaked. This thing is pathetic..I am gonna put the stock screen back on, because that was an improvement.
I would guess the problem is the gap between the motorcycle and the bottom sheet of plastic. Maybe removing the spacers would help you? Or, at least thinner spacers? I've not ridden in the rain with this windshield, but I can see where this might be a problem. I'll probably end up with a big, old, sheet of plastic in front of me, like usual. I hate that, however, as it "disconnects" you from feeling like you're riding a motorcycle. That's one of the reasons I sold my Street Glide, too much like a car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the water and air keeps blowing in from between the bottom windsheild piece, and the "wing" piece..and the windscreen seems so drastically curved, that it seems to let the air flow back instead of up..I don't even think the windscreen on my ninja zx6r had that much of a curve to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts