StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at a good many Wee's. I am going to buy the Wee and not the Vee so that decision has been made.

In looking at all the choices for older used Wee's, I am finding a real range of options so I would love the opinion of owners.

for disclosure purposes know that I am transitioning from a highly farkled KLR.

Option 1:
Mostly stock, 25-20k miles. basically a commuter bike '04-'08

Option 2:
Stock driveline and suspension but most other farkles; skids, windshields, bags etc. 25k-40k miles. A bike that has seen a few gravel roads but nothing challenging.

Option 3:
everything farkled including exhaust and fuel, suspension both front and rear, bags.. everything. 40k miles (been ridden to places that you mostly see KLR's, DR's and KTM's. made it through but not without some battle scars. So it isn't a show bike, but it has been maintained well.

I am going to use the bike mostly for commuting with the occasional trip out west to do some backwoods mountain riding.

Any points to watch out for?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Welcome.

We'll need model (year) and prices for each to be of much help. At least I'll need at least that information.

Lacking that, I guess I'd choose option 1, especially if it's a 2007 or newer.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
option1 2006
option 2 2007 w/abs
option3 2005 or 2006
I would take #2 because it has ABS. Seems all you would need to do is get the shock refurbished and a different spring installed and get the forks upgraded (springs, emulator or similar) and you would be good to go both for commuting and for some adventure.

·
Registered
491 Posts
PRICE

I would look for a 2012, has the Gladius engine, or so I am told, chime in if I am wrong...

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,210 Posts
I want ABS every time there is a choice.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I am going to use the bike mostly for commuting
Ditto on the ABS. It was an option from '07 to '11.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made my decision....

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I ended up grabbing an '09 orange one in Austin Texas. It only had 5600 miles on it and was absolutely perfect but no ABS. It will be a great canvas to build from.

Switching from a KLR, I have to say that it is a tremendous bike to ride. I can see why it has such a following!

Thanks for all of your help... now to hopefully chase down many of the farkles used!

-Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts