StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pondering a project and part of it will be adding two sets of accessory LED lights. I ordered these 2 conductor (supposedly waterproof) connectors and wonder what would be the best orientation to install them on the bike. Initially I thought about using the end with the yellow gasket on the light side but now see on closer inspection there may be an option of adding a mount type thing to the solid black part that I can "zip-tie" to the bike. So for now I'm leaning toward the part with the yellow gasket on the light and the solid black connected to the power source on the bike. I guess it really doesn't matter but I hate to get it all set up and then the light goes off for a better orientation in case I'm missing something.

[/URL][/IMG]

This is part of a micro-controller project I've been tinkering with to allow one momentary button to sequentially control two circuits (A only, B only, both A+B, and both off).

Hey it's a boring Sunday afternoon and I figured I'd ask. :)

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Secure the end that needs to hold tight when you need to disconnect them. I think that means doing it like you said: black end to power zip-tied to the bike and the yellow end on the lights

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Generally the female connector would be on the power side of the wiring (think your headlights, for example), although it really doesn't make a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts