StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the madstad brackets and have been riding with the stock and just recently the Givi shield. Way better than just stock, but still get lots of noise and buffeting. I haven't tried the top bracket position, but was wondering what other shields people are using with the brackets. I test rode a 1000 with an aftermarket shield on and it seemed better than my best adjustment with the bracket and the Givi. I think it was a MP or a MRA or something like that. Supposed to have been made in California. My wife is very happy with hers so far except for the black trim.

Tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am convinced that wind control and buffeting control is an individual solution. I do like the MadStad, it helps. With the bracket, the stock shield alone is better than the stock shield with the Laminar Touring lip. I can now feel where the only remaining problem is coming from. I need a wider shield. Wanna sell your Givi? If not, where is the cheapest place to get a new one? The hunt continues but with the MadStad, it is now acceptable.

Just Bill

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might sell the Givi, I don't know yet. Still plenty of research to do. I got mine from Adventure Motostuff, about $ 107.

Tom

·
I rock at logic
368 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about the MP Design screen, but as far as I know,
it does not work with the Madstad bracket because Paul designed his own bracket.

I'm still researching wind screens. Seems I may have to spend quite a bit of money
to find the best one for me, unless I get lucky.

Good luck on your quest.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read somewhere (maybe the other forum) that someone had a 23.5" Cee Bailey and with the bracket, he has come as close as he ever has to his ST1100. I never had one, but had a ST1300. I was able to go all the way up with the ST and it got completely quiet. That was kinda nice sometimes, although I mostly rode with the shield down so I got more air. So far with the Givi, it never gets quiet for me.

Tom

·
I rock at logic
368 Posts
duSTy said:
I read somewhere (maybe the other forum) that someone had a 23.5" Cee Bailey and with the bracket, he has come as close as he ever has to his ST1100. I never had one, but had a ST1300. I was able to go all the way up with the ST and it got completely quiet. That was kinda nice sometimes, although I mostly rode with the shield down so I got more air. So far with the Givi, it never gets quiet for me.

Tom
The ST1300 is a nice bike. Were you still looking over the wind screen with
it all the way up?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was a nice bike, kinda hot, but I liked it. No, I couldn't look over the shield at full height. It was also pretty much straight up in the air, but it was quiet. If I wanted to listen to the xm or listen to my wife over the cb clearly, I would just hit a button and raise it up and it was quiet. Very handy. There was some talk about being able to move the Madstat via motor. I don't care if it adds complexity, it sounds good to me. I had an ST and my wife was on the FJR and we both loved the moving shields.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Paul is presently working on a design to fit the MP Cycle Design windshield. The present design will fit if you elongate the holes on a shield from MP. Of course you can't return it if you modify the shield and don't like it.

·
I rock at logic
368 Posts
water warrior said:
Paul is presently working on a design to fit the MP Cycle Design windshield. The present design will fit if you elongate the holes on a shield from MP. Of course you can't return it if you modify the shield and don't like it.
This is great news. The best of both worlds. 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Curious. I run a Givi screen on the MadStad without a problem. I suppose it shows the the windscreen issue is unique to each rider.

·
Registered
99 Posts
fogllama said:
Curious. I run a Givi screen on the MadStad without a problem. I suppose it shows the the windscreen issue is unique to each rider.
Have you got a pic of the Givi on the bracket?
I'm afraid that Givi would be toooo big...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here (pic taken before all the parts were put back on)

and

I run it in the default bracket position in the lowest slider position.

Pics from my review

M

·
0 Posts
I purchased a Cee Bailey 23.5 windshield for touring, and found that while it did decrease the buffeting and wind noise considerably, the noise was not completely eliminated. It does create a comfortable ride for me, but it does look kinda dorky.

Happy Motoring!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The MPcycledesigns.com site says the Madstad or MP brackets will be available as a customer choice starting in September.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts