StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some assistance, please. I purchased a set of Tusks panniers for my strom but am unsure of the mounting system. I have searched and read a little. Is there any particular brand of mounts that are better for the my bike, 2014 1000? Do all the mounts have a quick disconnect to take the panniers on and off the bike easily? Is any one brand better than another? Help please.

Reactions: wingstrom

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys, I need some assistance, please. I purchased a set of Tusks panniers for my strom but am unsure of the mounting system. I have searched and read a little. Is there any particular brand of mounts that are better for the my bike, 2014 1000? Do all the mounts have a quick disconnect to take the panniers on and off the bike easily? Is any one brand better than another? Help please.
Well it won't let me post a link or an image but I was looking at the Givi PLR3105 Rapid Release side case racks specific for that model bike (i have the same) from Revzilla. They are $247 there.

From what I read you have to drill the holes in the cases anyway after positioning so whatever racks you want to use should be fine.

Jes

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
G'day driftertex,

There is some info here, there was a comparison between some racks somewhere but I cant locate it at the moment.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014-2016/238162-side-rack-choice-givi-plr3105-sw-motech-evo-quick-lock.html

We have the Givi quick release and so far they have been faultless.

Here are a few pics to give you an idea on how they look on the bike, this is GotaV2's bike, i run different panniers otherwise identical

As to the mounting the Tusk's I'm not sure but believe its possible with a kit.

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
I got a set of Shad case mounts and think just about any bag hardware can be modified to get the bag on the frame.
I mounted Sea Horse bags on the Factory bag frames on my 04 Wee.
I leave the bags on all the time but have worked out a QD system if I need it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I also have the Givi quick release (with Kappa cases). I thought it would be nice to be able to easily remove the racks. If I had to make the purchase again, I wouldn't get the quick release version. I never take the racks off. I like the look with them on and they also make a great attachment point for a cargo net if want to carry something on the back seat or even strap a jacket to the rack using the net. The racks are holding up ok but I had some movement of the mounting brackets when I dropped the bike with the pannier on. I believe the fixed mount Givi racks would be a stronger design.

Edit: My cases are quick release using the Monokey system. I find that very beneficial but don't find the need to be able to take the racks on and off in seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I went with Happy Trails pannier racks and Pelican 1550 cases. I also don't care for quick connect panniers as I rarely tank them off my bike (like most). I simply use two PVC boat bags for clothing when traveling. Much cleaner than bringing my insect encrusted/muddy cases in for the hotel staff to cringe at.

Whatever racks you buy make sure it has a rear cross over to tie the left and right sides together. It make for a much stronger setup.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all I went with the Moose racks and mounted the Tusks, with an easy quick disconnect that i picked up from Lowe's. Can hand screw on and off with ease. The mounting kit from Moose worked well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts