StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using a picture posted by jebiruph, I worked up a couple looks I think I like. wanted to see what you all thought.

I am partial to the large white lettering on the tank at this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
2nd one, large white lettering suits the theme.
Didn't like any of the others unfortunately, sorry.
First one looks like it's out of MASH

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I was an army medic, and I love mash :)

but yes the large white looks better to me.

the photo originally had a stock black front fender but I think the green looks better and matches the theme.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
That's neat!
A Japanese military MASH jeep bike.
Unit numbers on the front & rear fenders and the shovel & axe hung off the left would complete the job.
Be sure to post before & after pictures of the olive-drab V-project. :thumbsup:
Here's the template...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my pannier boxes already come with military style footman loos used to tie equipment to the vehicle. just not sure about the axe and shovel. has any military bike ever had those?

Now, a rifle case like the mt500 diesel, that i could see. I will have to do a bit of research.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Can ya' do anything to get that .50 cal effect on the bike?

It would add a nice touch, even if it was only cosmetic.

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Wouldn't the Rising Sun be more appropriate? The Star on the tank is like the Hardley boys wearing the pseudo Nazi helmet on their 'merican moorcycle. It's an Oxy morono!
And I think Kawalski got the diesel converted bike for the Marines

I though about painting mine desert tan and putting on one of the North Africa Corps Insignia on it. Then I realizes while the Germans and Japanese were cohorts, the Japaneses didn't play in the North African sand. Duh!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think you should go with black reflective lettering. It would look typical of US Military OD vehicles, but would give you the added reflect ability at night. I also think you need to add an E-Tool to the side.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1357785600.618785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Wouldn't the Rising Sun be more appropriate?
I though about painting mine desert tan and putting on one of the North Africa Corps Insignia on it. Then I realizes while the Germans and Japanese were cohorts, the Japaneses didn't play in the North African sand.
Duh!
Ah yes... The Rat Patrol.
Nice call. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Rat Patrol, forgot about them, Loved the series but then again, nothing N. African about a Japaneses bike.
I have several books that show English, American and German desert war machines from WWII. Plenty of choices that would all really be out if place on the Wee.
I'm such a stinking purist! I do like the silhouette of the Arab from the Dakar race though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a friend that can make what ever vinyl I want, so I might try out a few different themes over the green

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Now that pic really shows the OD green. MAn, that's tasty! Little stencils on the fender with PSI? Somehow it just looks right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts