StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 DL650A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 DL650 with standard Kaoko throttle- lock, Oxford heated grips, and shorty levers. I will NOT give up my throttle-lock!
Which hand-guards are compatible?
I've tried OEM's and they just don't fit with the throttle-lock.
Don't really care if they are 'guards' or just deflectors. Just want to keep the wind and weather off my my hands.
Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
There is a version of the kaoko that can be used with the stock hand guards

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
OEM is absolutely compatible, but you need the correct Kaoko model. Hopefully you can still exchange yours.

·
Registered
2014 DL650A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OEM is absolutely compatible, but you need the correct Kaoko model. Hopefully you can still exchange yours.
Unfortunately, they came with the bike and are the standard model, so no exchange possible. I've since ordered the 'Powermadd Sentinel' guards which should suit my needs. Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
get one of these. Much smaller, works better, much cheaper. there are 3 or 4 versions so look at them closely and find the one that works best for your bike. I have one on my vstrom also.

·
Registered
2014 DL650A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just installed the Powermadd Sentinels. Very easy and straight forward. I think I'm going to like them, especially being able to use the "knock-out" to get more air flow in summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts