StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if I ride at 70-80mph for longer than a hour or so my hands start to tingle from the vibration.

I added some bicycle tape around the grips but that doesnt seem to help, so which grip option works best, Grip Puppies or ProGrip 714's?

I am thinking I might try the ProGrips first since Grip Puppies dont seem to be any better than some bicycle tape wrapped 2-3 layers thick.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Also, a good pair of riding gloves helps 110%. I bought my Power Trip gloves two cruisers ago, and with the gel in the palms + the grip puppies no vibration at all. You may look at cruiser gloves, the really vibrate a lot more! BB

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Grip puppies work great, the best thing to do is not to grip to tightly, this will cause your hands to tingle also. Cheers--BB

What they said; Grip Puppies.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I replaced my stock bars with Pro Taper Raptors, I installed a set of BMW Sport Grips and then wrapped those in a neoprene foam wrap thing (kind of like a knock-off grip puppies deal).
that is probably what I am going to end up doing, I think its more of the general angle of the handlebars that make my hands tingle rather than vibration.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I use grip puppies and a bar snake http://www.barsnake.com/ I also have riding gloves with padding in the palm and street tires, no vibes here!
As far as balancing the front tire I can't see how an out of balance front tire would tingle, I think that would go thump thump thump!:headbang:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts