StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing many searches related to topcases, I've pretty much settled on a Givi. The only remaining question is which one? I really only need enough room for my laptop case on the way to the office and enough storage for a large Shoei, my jacket, gloves and mini tank bag. The e52 and v46 look great, but almost seem like overkill. For people that own Givi's what would you recommend?
Also, do the Givi's come with a strap or something to keep the contents from shifting around? It's hard to tell from the website and there are NO dealers nearby that actually have one in stock.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't remember which model top case I have (E260?), but if you want to be able to fit all of that stuff in one, don't buy this. Fortunately, I travel light so it works for me.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I know the V46 has straps for sure, most of the Givi's do. If you want to store a large helmet, riding jacket, gloves, AND a small tankbag you'd better go for the e52. Even with that, you may not be able to squeeze it all in.

Here are two large Arai's in a V46 for reference:

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Get the E52. It will hold a drunk hooker.

Ask me about the last bachelor party I attended.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I'm very happy with the E52, but beware if you get it with the integrated tail lights. If you get the lights remove the protective cap at the inside bottom of the case. Put a drop if fingernail polish on the two screws. Replace the cap. I rode around for several weeks without the lights working thinking I had a short. No short, just screws that had worked themselves out.

Yeah, it has a strap and that red thing on the lid seems to be a document holder. Can't put too much up there. Few papers, maps or small booklet. It's kinda a pain to open the doc holder, so I really don't keep anything in it.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Yeah, it has a strap and that red thing on the lid seems to be a document holder. Can't put too much up there. Few papers, maps or small booklet. It's kinda a pain to open the doc holder, so I really don't keep anything in it.
While it's still in the picture I posted in my previous post, I eventually removed the document holder from my V46. For my uses, all it did was take up valuable space.

·
Registered
141 Posts
get the e52, you will not believe what you can get in there. like i learned in the construction industry, better more than less

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad that the e52 has internal straps, it would be very annoying to have stuff rattling around in that big trunk when it wasn't filled!

Thanks!

·
press any key to continue
124 Posts
I got the V46 and was worried about it looking too large. I haven't seen the V52 to know if it looks too large for my taste, but sometimes wish I had gotten it. I wear an XL helmet, and it fits fine, but I can't get another helmet in with it. My backpack with a laptop & stuffed full of other gear fits in it just fine.

The document holder is a neat idea, but is a real pain to open. I used to keep my owners manual, registration & proof of insurance in it, but realized I would probably forget to take it out when I ride without the case, so back under the seat it went.

The Givi's are top notch, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I got the V46 and was worried about it looking too large. I haven't seen the V52 to know if it looks too large for my taste, but sometimes wish I had gotten it. I wear an XL helmet, and it fits fine, but I can't get another helmet in with it.
Page 1, message 5 is my V52. It fits my XL Scorpion without a problem. V52

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Sounds to me like you'll need the E52 also.
I'm using the E460 which is billed as being able to fit two full face helmets. Maybe so, but not if they fit heads my size. I was a bit disappointed to discover that I can't get a large Nolan Flip-up in there, even with the document holder removed. My wife has the same Nolan, but a small, and of course it fits in without any problem.
Even if your helmet fits, it is hard to believe you will get a jacket and a tank bag in a 46 litre case at the same time. Might even be tricky with a 52.
Maybe there is someone in your area who already has a case you could connect with and give it a try. Not too many dealers will have any in stock just because they are so expensive to carry and have sitting around.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
I have Givi E460N top case that swaps from the Connie to the Wee. I'll repeat myself here: The Fourth Law of Thermodynamics: $4it expands to fill the space available! (Also knows as the "Garage Theorem".) Translated means you can't have too much luggage space. You WILL find things to fill it up. That's not necessarily a good thing, it just happens. No matter what you get, you'll always wish you had the next bugger case.:-x

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ha..fantastic picture. I'll have to see if my TWO cats will fit in my E52. I love the larger E52 and I definately have Garage theorum. My damn thing is full ALL the time and now that I have the matching side bags, they're full all the time now too. Rain Gear, helmets, gym clothes, tennis shoes, dead body, gatorade, motorcycle cover.......

Just checking to see if you're paying attention lol.

Seriously, the large case is already not LARGE enough. I really likes the looks too. I took out the document holder..a waste of space!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered the e52!

Just ordered the e52, it should be here in around a week.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this!

Love the picture of the cat in the e52...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The V46 is 13" high the E52 is 11.5". The E52 is bigger in length. I've got a Nolan XL and it won't fit in my current 11" top case. I'll probably go with the V46 just for the increased height.

·
Registered
117 Posts
With the lid open, the E52 comfortably holds 1 medium size domestic shorthair...

Oooh I don't know I reckon you could squeeze 5 or 6 or em in there with the lid shut if you really cared enough. It would certainly keep my dog amused for hours on end:mrgreen:

Joking aside, I'm surprised the 46 is a struggle to get a lid in, when the zuk factory 48 ltr can fit two lids with ease:?: Are they a weird shape or something??

Grrr:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts