StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am going to order EB H4 relay kit and need a bit of advice what to order and I a bit lost with the 3CS Kits.

Now I have some extra accesories attached directly to the battery:
  • Oxford Touring heated grips (taking 48 Watts)
  • 4XLED Auxiliary light with DRL function taking signal from HI Beam yellow cable
  • GPS, with extra USB socked (can be used for phone charging (never tested)
  • Scottoiler E-system - chain oiler
  • Will have EB H4 headlight relay kit
I have unused OEM heated grips connector and AUX connectore ocupied by OEM 12V cigarret socket but I am not using it because of stupid location as we know.
I am considering to start to use them and then I will have only 3 instead of 5.
So, do I need 8PC fuse socket? Why to use it? What are the benefits?

Do I need some other 50A Relay Kits, see pictture below? What is the purpose of that Relay Kit? What is the bonus to have that cable kit?

I case I will need to buy 8PC fuse box what else I need to buy, what cable kit to connect the 8PC fuse box with the battery?
If I do not need that 50A relay kit, what kind of cable do I need (diameter ) to connect 8PC fuse box with battery?

Thank you for help.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I bought 2nd hand EB items, relay kit and a head light cut out switch. Worked fine. Not too much effort to install. The I added LED headlights. Cheapo $25 dollar set form China, Banggood? Those are still working well too.
Since I have a 1000 foot reel of 12 gauge wire i used that a lot when doing any wiring task.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I run my GPS off the heated grips connector, and the EB H4 harness straight to the battery. A 3CS handles my oxford heated grips, powered tank bag, and aux lights, so I think you can get by with just the 3CS. Doesn't EB do a 4CS now, too, or is that only for certain applications?

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I had my 2015 DL650 I used the EB 3CS. I connected my Oxford grips to the OEM heated grip plug with an EB adapter. I connected my dash USB outlet to the OEM accessory plug with an EB adapter. I had my GPS, the EB H4 harness and my auxilliary lighting running off the 3CS kit. Everything worked perfectly.

Cheers!
K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts