StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying another tack to find a signal for my audiovox cruise on my V2 .
Not having any luck with the brown/black (tach feed) wire.
Would the negative wire be the common colour between all four coils? Or the one which is a different colour between coils?
Thanks for any help!

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,146 Posts
Do NOT mess with the ignition coils!!!

They fire when a ground is added, not when power is given to them.

Anything you might tap into that circuit might be a big problem......

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thinking that is how the audiovox cruise is installed on a versys and connnie 14. I cant seem to get a tach signal from the brown/ black wire....

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
When I fitted my MC Cruise I used the brown wire with black stripe up near the radiator cap.

It is in a plug with the pink / white speed wire.

pink/white is on the lower row in the left corner then there is a green/yellow then the brown/black taco wire that I used, is this the same brown black you used ?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Rolex.
Yes that is where I connected mine as well. I even bought a new unit to rule out a bad computer (unless I got 2 in a row) .
The wire has continuity according to my ohm meter and I have tried connecting without the resistor just in case. Maybe I should try and find a new connector and replace the wire feeding the servo just to try....Everything else tests perfectly except I have no tach signal. (yes the engine is running and the cruise is turned on lol ;^) )
Thanks for your help!
Steve

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I would think if the taco on your bike is working you have problem with your CC or the install ?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont know, I have a LOT of hours into this over the winter,and I'm going to try 1 or 2 more things then give up.Maybe I can get it working on my next bike:wink2:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got it working using the white blue wire of the top right coil.
I have no idea why it wouldnt work using the tach feed,and at this point I dont care :wink2:
I also didnt use the speed sensor wire. Its not needed:smile2:
Extremely happy its finally working!! :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts