StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I just installed the SW-Moto center-stand this weekend, I am happy with it.
Pros: Easy install, reasonable price, easy to use, feels stable
Cons: can not think of any
I can not compare it to the OEM stand because I have not used one.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had the Motech on my previous bike and it worked quite well. The OEM on the V2 is much steadier, goes up easier and comes down about the same.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What model and year bike are you going to install it on?

I'm getting ready to buy a center stand, can someone give me some pros / cons on the Zuki vs. the SW-Motech?
I have a 2003 DL1000 with a SW Motech center stand installed. The best thing about the SW Motech stand it that it doesn't reduce your lean angle clearance on the left side when you are riding. However, if or when you have to remove the rear shock absorber from the bike the SW Motech will have to be removed from the bike in order to drop the unbolted shock out of the bottom of the bike. With the Suzuki OEM stand you can leave the stand in place and drop the shock out without any problem.

Reportedly, the OEM centerstand footpad sticks out from the side of the bike further than the side stand thereby reducing lean angle clearance. Some have taken the Suzuki center stand to a welder and had the footpad arm reshaped so that it tucks in closer to the bike.

Either stand will accomplish what a center stand is meant to do. The above caveats are the only concerns that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Put the SW Motech on last weekend and am well pleased - sturdy and as reasonably priced as any accessories are or are not.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That crossbar is the selling feature for me, Provides stability and strength. The OEM has it as well as the above mentioned H&B.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Another vote for the OEM Suzuki stand. Had for over a year now-still easy up and down. No cons. One of the best farkles for this bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Both should be fine. I have the sw motech.

Plan ahead and research. Just make sure your future farkles will be compatible with each other. There are certain stands that will not work with certain skid plates.

Reactions: Bville-Bud

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very good point. I have the SW-M engine guards and will likely end up with a SW-M skid plate, so probably either will work; I'm leaning SW-M though...

Both should be fine. I have the sw motech.

Plan ahead and research. Just make sure your future farkles will be compatible with each other. There are certain stands that will not work with certain skid plates.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I finally got around to installing the SW-Motech stand today; it was a piece of cake. It tucks up nice under the passenger pegs. Like everything SW-M the instructions left a little to be desired, but I am learning to think like a German so "kein Problem".

I had heard about people having a problem getting the springs on, so I bought one of these off of eBay for about $3 and it did the job perfectly!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
One thing about the Motech. I lowered my bike a bit. 1" and looked into cutting down the stand because what used to be an easy pull up now takes a bit of work. I just could not see any way of cutting and welding the stand to shorten. Too many curves and members.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The OEM stand is great. The eBay tool would make spring install quite easy. Another way is to create a small loop using a clothes hangar. Loop on the spring hook, then large screwdriver inserted in the loop as well...lever against the spring post and pull the spring on. Works well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts