1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Whats the best bang for the buck?
The best bang for the buck is to ask Stromtroopers to mail you their old, still have some life left, pads when they upgrade. You pay postage. Why gamble on Chinese brake parts just to save a coupl'a bucks?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Oh, I see. You get all of them for that price. :fineprint:

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Galfer...........

·
Registered
19 Posts
I replaced front and rear on my Vee a couple of months back with the ceramic pads from Sixity. Everything fit perfectly and braking performance is excellent up front...two fingers is all you need for normal braking. They don't look like true ceramic pads I am familiar with from automotive use and look more like an organic / ceramic particle mix with few bronze flakes as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
brakes . . .

Galfer...........
I looked up this brand and they look way different than the other brands. Matter of fact, none of them look similar. What the heck? I'm going to replace the front brakes and I'm used to seeing some uniformity in car/truck brakes. When I look up brakes for my Wee, all the different brands look completely different.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Parts-Finder/-/-/6190/2006-SUZUKI-DL650-V-Strom

I haven't looked at the existing brakes - that may help me figure it out, but since I was already on here . . . :confused:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Don't rely on the photos on mail order sites. To check the parts from this vendor, put them into your shopping cart. The manufacturer's part number is shown. Confirm this number with the manufacturer's own site. Galfer Bike: Brake Pads

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have EBC on my front now, not too bad, but I like the DP pads from England better. Much nicer in the rain, much cleaner, very little noise. Cheap pads from China will not last, and be careful your not sacrificing your rotors with those abrasive knock off HH pads on eBay. I bought an EBC red painted "Off Road" pad set off eBay a while back and they were horrible on my DR650, had to remove them and the "gold" EBC HH replacements were much better.

I think I got my last EBC pads for $17 shipped per set off eBay though, good deals on there sometimes. I cheap out sometimes, much better than $48 or more per set for the good DP stuff. Make sure the pads are the right compound.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Richland Rick at AdventureTech, LLC. - Home can hook you up with the proper brakes for your bike. He also has a presence on this site.:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts