StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to fit an airhawk pad for myself and one for my passenger. Which size works? Also is there any downside to buying used airhawks?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the Medium Cruiser AirHawk for myself. Have a look at the website for dimensions. Not sure what you'd need for the pillion, maybe the Cruiser Pillion would do.

As long as the AirHawk was well looked after and the valve and cushion system are in good condition it should be ok. Double check the quality of the outer covering, you don't want any fraying materials.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
We have the cruiser medium.
They do have a new model for adventure bikes which fits the seat quite well.

If you do buy secondhand be aware Airhawke uses different types of materials and the Airhawke2 is made from a more robust material I know as I have had both models the Airhawke and Airhawke2.

So check that out, other than that what kustard said check for leaks and any valve issues.

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
650 Posts
They are cheap enough new, if buying 2nd hand, consider the sellers age and health and allow for "fartage" :0 !!

Reactions: Toto and kustard

·
Registered
615 Posts
Medium cruiser is the way to go, the designated adventure one is a little small

Reactions: We2V2

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think I have the cruiser model.

It came with the 08 Wee when I purchased it last fall.

It works great. It reduces vibes through the seat.

Helps reduce numb butt syndrome.

It does increase your seating height slightly.

I give it a thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Key is to get the correct amount of air in it - takes less than you would think. Too much and you'll be floating around on it. Let out air until your pelvis bones just touch the seat, then add a puff or so. When you are not sitting on it, it will seem to be almost completely deflated. I have the Airhawk R (I think med Cruiser like others) and it has worked well on several bikes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Love my adventure model. Guess my ass is small. Low inflation like others have said. I've put over 15k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
after discovering how much my teeth can buzz while riding my new toy... I'm going to have to look at either a seat or a pad.

Are the Airhawk's enough to take the vibes out for bigger riders?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
after discovering how much my teeth can buzz while riding my new toy... I'm going to have to look at either a seat or a pad.

Are the Airhawk's enough to take the vibes out for bigger riders?
When I got a Corbin seat on the 650, vibes to the butt increased as it is a much firmer seat. The Airhawk R worked wonders at removing the vibes for me. Not sure your definition of bigger, but I'm around 200 lbs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought one new and unfortunately it came apart at the seam. Like a dummy I never filled out the warranty card. Really bums me out too as it was a fantastic seat to ride on! I've heard of others having problems with the seams as well.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Airhawke 2 cruiser medium for the rider (i,ve done over 13,000 ks on mine on our V2- would NOT have been possible to do 130 ks without it!) and get the pillion model for you pillion ;) we used the Airhawke 2 pillion cushion for 5 years and over 40,000 ks :) with never a complaint :)
DONT over inflate them and you will have happy days :)
Note, in each case I had to shorten one of the securing straps. One time I folded it and stictched the overlap, 2nd time I just got the slack and tied it off with a knot ;)

Reactions: Shiftface

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up getting a used, airhawk cruiser medium. Well worth the money. I dont have a vibe issue but my back still hurts riding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts