StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did "Dumbest Post of the Week" get sent out behind the woodshed when MightyShep did? Simple searches find references to it but not the thread itself.

Anyway, here's a candidate -- this guy is probably not old enough to ride a Strom:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/72531-any-v-strom-specific-twitter-accounts-worth-following.html

I'm not good at slice-and-dice. Where's Mortaine, jwt off his meds, even MS when you need them? Uncle elbrown and jerseypete still wander through occasionally when a sheep needs sheared -- maybe they'll do. Dirt_Dad and BigB want to sharpen up some tools?

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Dirt_Dad and BigB want to sharpen up some tools?
Not worth it. At this point we could start a thread called "Name a f'ing worthwhile thing that's been said on Trooper." Unfortunately that thread would be as active as MS has been in the last 6 months.

Spank is clearly dead. Hell, I won't be surprised if this post of mine also gets deleted. That's just the way things go around here now.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I can't say that..... Nor that..... Nope, not that either.

Dammittochristhell!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Next thing you know, SH is going to have to start blurring out his posted pics... From there, it can only go downhill until we collapse into total mediocrity and are no better than every other PC, plain-jane, missionary-position-only-for-the sake-of-procreation motorcycle forum on earth. Or maybe we're already there...

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
it can only go downhill until we collapse into total mediocrity and are no better than every other PC, plain-jane, missionary-position-only-for-the sake-of-procreation motorcycle forum on earth. Or maybe we're already there...
Less that ten threads here with any action since Thanksgiving. I believe mediocrity would be a huge leap forward.

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe mediocrity would be a huge leap forward.
Mediocrity, it's everywhere these days!

My High School graduating class is having its 50th reunion this year. As contact information with classmates becomes available, there's a fair amount of new messaging flying around.

I received a new message today from an old s-k buddy from those days. His most potent comment was "I hope your Mom is doing well!" This is a guy who owns 35 Burger King restaurants! And he's also the one who passed out drunk with me and beside me on a hot fireplace hearth during a "woodsy" back then. I only lost my left eyebrow for a few weeks, his burns were a little more severe. Ahhhh... maybe that's why he didn't mention it!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
And he's also the one who passed out drunk with me and beside me on a hot fireplace hearth during a "woodsy" back then. I only lost my left eyebrow for a few weeks, his burns were a little more severe. Ahhhh... maybe that's why he didn't mention it!
I can't say as I would have the guts to mention: Passing out, with another guy, while I having a "woodsy". Nope, can't say that I would. I think I would do my best to forget about it too. It was memorable for you though, wasn't it?

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mediocrity, it's everywhere these days!

My High School graduating class is having its 50th reunion this year. As contact information with classmates becomes available, there's a fair amount of new messaging flying around.

I received a new message today from an old s-k buddy from those days. His most potent comment was "I hope your Mom is doing well!" This is a guy who owns 35 Burger King restaurants! And he's also the one who passed out drunk with me and beside me on a hot fireplace hearth during a "woodsy" back then. I only lost my left eyebrow for a few weeks, his burns were a little more severe. Ahhhh... maybe that's why he didn't mention it!
Sounds like good blackmail material. Did he wake up with his ass bleeding and with you wearing a smile on your face??

On another note, has anyone seen or heard from Brendan? Does he still ride a Ducati? How's he been doing? Another name to drop is BTD. What happened to him besides marriage and a cocker spaniel or something?

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't say as I would have the guts to mention: Passing out, with another guy, while I having a "woodsy". Nope, can't say that I would. I think I would do my best to forget about it too. It was memorable for you though, wasn't it?

:biggrinjester:
Hey! There were more women than men at that cabin-in-the-woods party. That's what took us there. However, there was more beer than women...

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I'm not good at slice-and-dice. Where's Mortaine, jwt off his meds, even MS when you need them? Uncle elbrown and jerseypete still wander through occasionally when a sheep needs sheared -- maybe they'll do. Dirt_Dad and BigB want to sharpen up some tools?
Dancer, those days are over. Will the last person out please turn out the lights. Mortaine, Mighty Shep, monkeygrass, jwt, vinny,...the list goes on.....

Damn, I miss Mortaine. He left before he got to rip me on this forum. I feel cheated!

Jerseypete, nice to see you stopping by again. Cheers man!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Did "Dumbest Post of the Week" get sent out behind the woodshed when MightyShep did? Simple searches find references to it but not the thread itself.//
Sitting Duck won it so many times it's been permanently retired?

My favorite for "Maximum hate and discontent per post" was Iluvyouman or something like that. He burned only briefly but so very, very bright!

MightyShep was vituperative towards DL650 owners in general and me in particular, but I felt sorry for him as he seemed to be jousting with a lot of demons. But you couldn't make up some of his posts and he would argue with air and water.

Mortaine's last post. Most of the rest of the list don't even exist in the user DB anymore. But it's the internet - new candidates are joining every day!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Dancer, those days are over. Will the last person out please turn out the lights. Mortaine, Mighty Shep, monkeygrass, jwt, vinny,...the list goes on.....

Damn, I miss Mortaine. He left before he got to rip me on this forum. I feel cheated!

Jerseypete, nice to see you stopping by again. Cheers man!
That is a lot of names of some good folks that kept things lively.
Good seeing you too WTY.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I nominate this one.

But it's cute you think a 95rwhp motorcycle is so intimidating. Modern sport bikes have 150-190, and even the Ninja 1000 - a self-described "Old man's sport bike" has 125. And some of the race bikes have 230-250.
dude did you read somthing i didnt write :confused: i was just expressing my joy of learning the ins and out of a new bike and braggin on the VEE a little,but if your just being an asshat go suck a nutt and enjoy yourself :yesnod:

·
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dancer=shitstirrer. I love that stuff. Mongoslow, don't cave, some people just want cheap entertainment.
A little on the serious side (which has no business in this thread or this forum topic, but ...):

MONGOSLOW is a complex character. That's all most of us are here -- an avatar with an attitude. What makes Mongo different than many, as far as I'm concerned after a few years of forum-only contact, is that I'm pretty sure I'd trust Mongo either to ride point or to have my back. Period.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts