StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had 5-7 days around Memorial Day Weekend and didn't mind riding 375-500 miles a day, where would you go?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
If you had 5-7 days around Memorial Day Weekend and didn't mind riding 375-500 miles a day, where would you go?
New Hampshire.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
my vote for you is also west va. but i too head for the blue ridge parkways and most adjoining roads. north ga also has some nice roads.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
my vote for you is also west va. but i too head for the blue ridge parkways and most adjoining roads. north ga also has some nice roads. if i had more days, i would head west. it's 2000 miles for me to get to colorado or 2000 to mazatalan mexico....decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
898 Posts
I can relate to wanting to avoid 95. It's bad enough in a cage! Howsabout heading west out to NY state, doing some of the Adirondacks, then follow the Erie Canal, then check out around the Finger Lakes and maybe dip down into Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
652 Posts
It would be fun to ride to yellowstone, but it also depends on how the weather is thru mountain passes.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yep!

You asked where I would go.

You should go to West Virginia.
That's where I'm goin' Memorial Day weekend. I would have preferred riding up around Georgian Bay in Ontario but my riding pals are afraid of Polar Bears.:green_lol:

·
Administrator
13,574 Posts
Assuming there is nothing of interest for you in new Hamshire or Maine or that area I would work my way down the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge to North Carolina. I would visit Norm and his lovely wife and get a nice cold beer or two or three there and generally love riding all around the area. Now I did that last year except for the stop in at Norm's and would not make the mistake of not stopping in next time.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,574 Posts
That's where I'm goin' Memorial Day weekend. I would have preferred riding up around Georgian Bay in Ontario but my riding pals are afraid of Polar Bears.:green_lol:
Good call.. Polar Bears eat people and I hear thye are very hungry.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Good choice !!! I forgot about WVA. my favorite place to ride.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
For a local trip, I would head to New York State. Hit the Catskills then head North and experience the Adirondacks. Take your own sweet time. When you hit Monroe, head East to Lake Champlain. When you thoroughly enjoyed that scenery, head South through the Middle of Vermont and experience the Green Mountains. Then, I don't know.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Saguenay Fjord, Québec.

Ride the north shore, stay in Tadoussac, take the ferry across Baie St. Catherines, then up to Rivière Éternité. Ride Rt 381 south to the northern shore of the St. Lawrence River, then through Québec City and home.

Kind of looks like this:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Very nice Black Lab. Beautiful country. Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts