StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Ram mount for my Magellan eXplorist 300 last night. Does this seem like the best place to mount it? (still waiting for the GPS itself... thanks Amazon :evil: )

K

·
0 Posts
Mine is in the same spot using a mirror stem mount, and I haven't had any adverse effects as of yet. I can say that I haven't tested it above about 85 though.

[/img]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kurt- did you use that location because of the aftermarket bars? Or am I just uncool...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I mounted center, above the instruments. Got the mount from asterisk.com. Easy to see straight ahead, no wind issues. Need to remove the windshield to install. I used a speaker mounted center on the handlebars . . . most folks use earbuds, or helmet speakers. Everybody's different . . . ain't it great?

K

·
0 Posts
DucToStrom said:
kurt- did you use that location because of the aftermarket bars? Or am I just uncool...
I just like it out of the sight line of the gauges. I have a u-bolt mount and could mount it more centrally, I just prefer this one.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have my Quest on a RAM mount in about the same location on my bike, but with the arm angled towards me and to the left. The unit is in front of the left mirror arm from my POV. I like that position because it doesn't block my view of anything and doesn't interfere with, or be blocked by, my tankbag. I haven't noticed any buffeting caused by it there, and I've had it up to about 95 mph indicated (87-88 mph per GPS).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts