StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideally, I would like it attached to my helmet in some way. This way, where I look, the GoPro looks. I just bought one and tested it on Saturday with a chinbar mount.

The issue is, I'm short (5'4") which means my chin bar is low enough that I see too much of the windshield for my liking.

Ideally, I'd like it someplace where I can verify it's running (be able to see the LED lights are on), and can reach the button to start/stop video. I thought about mounting it on the helmet, with an arm to put it slightly in front of my visor and at the top of my eye level. Any other ideas?

(pictures are one of me looking straight ahead so you can see the way the gopro looks normall, and one of me looking to the side, which is why I want it to be able to look where I look, so I can catch and put more focus on things on the side of the road).

Alexi

Attachments

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
I put my GoPro like camera on the dash where you have your GPS.
I didn't want all the extra motion that a helmet mount might give.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I mounted mine on the crash bar.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a SONY AZ-1 that I mount on left side of helmet where I can reach while underway. The GoPro is a different shape and not conducive to side of the helmet mounting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts