StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just looking for some suggestions on where/how to mount an Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse-box in a 2019 650x. There's not as much space to work with under the seat as there was in my old 2005 Wee.

Anybody just strap it on top of the battery?

- Martin

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
The previous owner of my Gen2 Wee (2014) put a PC8 in the storage box under the seat. I like to use the storage box for small packages, mail, tools etc that I sometimes pickup on a ride. I dismounted it and left it loose and tucked it in a small gap forward of the battery and the fuses box, relays where it rests on top of the shock. I can't tell if that will work on a Gen3 but you might be able to wedge it down in that hole. Just be sure all the wires are tight and it should be fine. Putting it on top of the battery blocks the seat from locking in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the PC-8 today. I ended up putting it in the tool kit space... mainly because there wasn't enough slack in the heated grips cable to move it any further back.

This meant that the relay and main fuse holders had to be stuffed into the space between the battery and the bike's fuse holder.

It all seems OK but I may relocate the unit further up under the seat so the relay/fuse holder can go behind the battery and the cables don't have to be jammed in around the battery... next time I have tank raised and side cowling off.

- Martin

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts